Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Crashes after loading a render preset and then pressing 8

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1248 Views, 6 Replies

Max Crashes after loading a render preset and then pressing 8

Myself and my coworkers have encountered an issue with the newest update of Max 2019. When you load a render preset, any render preset and then press 8 to open the environment settings 3Ds max will crash. The little window comes up saying an error has occurred and the application will now close. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Is this a bug or is there some sort of work around? 

Thanks. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
raiden_xavier
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for letting us know.

There are a few instances of this popping up.

Also, thanks for submitting the CER crash report. I was able to dig around and find that development are aware and are currently working on the issue, but I was not able to find a workaround at this point.

Are you able to use an earlier version for now?

Hope you are well.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: raiden_xavier

Unfortunately we have already updated our whole department to the newest version so it would not be easy to downgrade everyone again to an older version. The workaround we have been using is to load a render preset, save, close 3ds max and re-open it then everything seems to work fine.

Thanks for your reply, I guess we will have to wait till this issue is fixed in the next update.

Message 4 of 7
raiden_xavier
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous

Thanks for sharing those steps. They may help others for the time being until we get more information.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Take care for now.

Message 5 of 7
elPanki
in reply to: raiden_xavier

I have exactly same problem on latest verson of max 2019 . Does anyone in Autodesk working on 3ds max or all people  are moved to finance department?

Message 6 of 7
raiden_xavier
in reply to: elPanki

Hi @elPanki,

I hope you are enjoying your stay on the forums.

Thanks for letting us know that this affects you too.

I looked at the developers list and this has been addressed. I am not aware of the release schedule, but this should be out in a future update.

I am sure the team are grateful for everyone's patience on this!

Message 7 of 7

Hi everyone, just a quick update to @raiden_xavier post: 3ds Max 2019.3 is officially live today and available for download from either the Autodesk Desktop App or through your account portal at manage.autodesk.com

Check out the blog post here:
https://area.autodesk.com/blogs/the-3ds-max-blog/3ds-max-20193-updates/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report