Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX 2023 keeps prompting close spline

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
hdizajn
795 Views, 8 Replies

MAX 2023 keeps prompting close spline

Hi,

I have some imported dwg splines and every time I go to sub and only move or rotate them (so not creating anything) I get a prompt "close spline" and like 4 times since I guess it's detecting 4 vertices close enough to close. Should I report this as a bug or something?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sconzamirko
in reply to: hdizajn

No solution yet

Message 3 of 9
RobH2

Can you upload the spline in a file so it can be looked at?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 9
jibijib

Is it prompting to close when the two end vertices are snapped together?

What are they importing into Max as?

Message 5 of 9
ephb

This is still a bug in 2024. If anyone envounters this, enabling the automatic welding and setting welding treshold to 0 works around this issue.

Message 6 of 9
jibijib
in reply to: ephb

... and you should be able to set persistant default using this:

https://cganimator.com/3dsmax-2021-1-custom-default-parameter-and-the-manager/

Message 7 of 9
ephb

To be clear, this is a bug.
Even though "automatic welding" is unchecked, it will still attempt to. The benefit of turning it on is that one can put a treshold so small it will never weld, but the feature can not be turned off.

Message 8 of 9
jibijib

... and there isn't a 'spline' reference (like there is for Editable Poly) to keep the setting persistent in any of the INI files or through other methods. Ugh.

Nothing like a pop up dialogue box to keep things working smoothly.

jibijib_0-1718178103011.png

Message 9 of 9
RobH2

I would recommend reporting it:

Bug Reports:
https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report