Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max 2020 Curve Editor UI missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1086 Views, 4 Replies

Max 2020 Curve Editor UI missing

My current build of 3ds Max 2020 is not showing the correct UI for the Curve Editor.  There is no toolbar available at the top or bottom and the graph area is completely wrong.  I've switched between Dope Sheet and Curve Editor Modes but still not showing correct UI.  Anybody else had this issue?  Is there a fix?  Thanks

Missing Curve Editor UI.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
DanielCantin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

1. Have you tried using Workspaces > Reset To Default State (top right corner pull-up menu)
  2. you could also try switching UI scheme (Customize menu > Custom Defaults Switcher > UI shemes) and restart 3ds Max, for example using ame-dark
  3. close 3ds Max, rename "%LocalAppData%\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit" folder, start 3ds Max (this will remove customizations)
  4. alternatively you could try renaming only one file C:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2020 - 64bit\ENU\3dsMax.ini file with 3ds Max closed, (ENU folder if you use 3ds Max English language)
  5. restarting you system is also a good thing to do when things start behaving strangely.

Thanks for reaching out, I hope one of those suggestion will help, please let us know if it does or not.

-Daniel

Daniel Cantin
QA, 3ds Max
Entertainment Creation Products, DCP
Message 3 of 5
fffusion777
in reply to: DanielCantin

У меня абсолютно аналогичная ошибка. Причем 3DS MAX 2020 я скачал только вчера, потом установил последние обновления. Я вижу этот баг в редакторе кривых.
Ни один из ваших методов не помогает.
Я прошу прощения -но вы НЕВЕРОЯТНО убогая контора. Каждая ваша новая версия 3ds max вызывает желание просто разбить монитор. С каждой новой версией пользователь получает потерянное время на их устранение.

I have a completely similar error. And I downloaded 3DS MAX 2020 only yesterday, then installed the latest updates. I see this bug in the curve editor. None of your methods help. I'm sorry -but you are an INCREDIBLY shabby office. Every new version of your 3ds max makes you want to just break the monitor. With each new version, the user gets lost time to fix them.

Message 4 of 5
fffusion777
in reply to: fffusion777

не тот скрин вот верный 

56.jpg

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: fffusion777

Why doesn't Autodesk try fixing the things they broke in previous versions rather than just ignoring the problems and then adding a load of useless features that no one wants!

The curve editor has been useless since approx version 2016 - maybe its about time someone looked at it!

The software is by the way designed for animation!!!!!!!!!!!

Its virtually impossible to do complex animations without it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report