Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

material bump streteched

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
395 Views, 3 Replies

material bump streteched

Hi, I have a plastic material (mental ray) which doesn't render as I want to. Basically as you can see in the image, the top half is perfect, while the same material in the lower part (below the blue line) looks stretched and I can't figure out why. For reference, to create the line in the middle I detached it from the whole block and applied a different material. The image below are the settings I have for the material, although I feel like the issue is related with the model itself.

Can you eventually suggest an alternative to create a grey-plastic-semitransparent (dull) material?

Thank you! ๐Ÿ™‚

aug1.jpgmaterial.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

have you done proper UV ?

(if not just chuck on a UVW Map, Box, Fit and see how that goes)

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

after playing with it and with the parameters I managed to have a decent solution..thanks!

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

I was late to the party here but I'm glad it's working for you now.  Would you mind posting what your fix was, please?  This would allow the next person with this issue to have an easier time resolving it.  Thank you very much for doing that!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report