Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Bitmap IO / Render output types being corrupted

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
joconnell_ie
219 Views, 0 Replies

Issue with Bitmap IO / Render output types being corrupted

Hi Folks,

I'm getting a few oddities happening with max files not saving out image data correctly, mainly as EXR files. My pipeline at the minute is a tracker will track a live action shot, import into max and put in some objects to check alignment and render a TGA sequence to check if his tracking works. I then take in this file and set up the normal CG, add render elements and set up everything via script to go out to EXR files.

We've found two things when we render certain shots:
1. The files are set up as EXR files, the save dialog correctly shows exr options, but yet some of the elements come our named .exr but contain TGA data.

1. EXR files save out as EXR files, but all of the EXR gbuffer elements (coverage, node id and so on) are added in to every render element sequence. Again in the EXR options there are no Gbuffer passes listed or being added in, they just appear in the render after.

Initially I thought it might be an issue related to deadline, but they did a check on two files that exhibited the issue and couldn't reproduce it. Someone else on the deadline forum though mentioned that there was an issue with image IO configs being corrupted in max 2011 when used with Vray which lead to output being changed around a bit, and apparently this might have only been fixed in max 2013.

We're based on 2012 x64 sp2, does anyone know of this max issue to start with so I can read into it further, or alternatively some kind of fix?

Cheers!

John
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report