Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you minimize all Main UI toolbar windows?

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
R1F
Contributor
1269 Views, 6 Replies

How do you minimize all Main UI toolbar windows?

Hi!

Trying to organize my workflow a bit.  I'm finding that I have to "minimize" and "maximize" the mini UI windows again and again.   (Pretty much everything on the Command panel - e.g. Modify, heirarchy tab etc. etc.)  It's getting very burdensome!

Anyone know how to set the default to minimize ALL these windows?  In this way, I can only open what I need..

Screenshot is attached.

Your help is much appreciated!

R  (3ds Max v.2021)

Labels (4)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
raiden_xavier
in reply to: R1F

Hi @R1F,

Thanks for sharing your issue with us. I hope you are making connections on the forum!
It sounds (and looks) like you want a 'collapse all' or 'expand all' button for the parameter rollouts in the command panel.
Is that correct?

I haven't seen anything like that, so unless someone has figured it out I think you have 2 options:

#1 Request the feature in the Max idea area.

#2 Search a site like scriptspot.com. I believe commissions can be done there?

Perhaps someone with more knowledge may chime in here.
Please let me know your thoughts.

Hope you are well.

Regards,

Message 3 of 7
R1F
Contributor
in reply to: raiden_xavier

Thanks Raiden. Yes I think you've understood the issue. I have now added this as a 3DS Max Idea:
https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-ideas/quot-collapse-all-parameter-rollouts-quot-button-in-mai...

If anyone knows of any solutions/effective work arounds in the meantime, feel free to share!
Message 4 of 7
RobH2

If you right-click on a group there is an 'Open All' and 'Close All' button at the top. Is that not suitable?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 7
RobH2

One more tip that might help. It's often overlooked and unknown but you can increase the number of Command columns by dragging the left edge. I leave it constantly at two columns. But, I have large multiple monitors and plenty of real estate. On a laptop or smaller monitors, that eats up viewport space. 

But what's useful is that you can use many columns to work with programs that have a lot of panels. Rail Clone is one of the most difficult because of the number of panels and the length of each one. It's hard to work without crazy and tedious scrolling without expanding out a bunch of columns. You can also tear the Commands panels off and put them on another screen. That's what I do for Rail Clone so that I can see all the adjustments and have full viewports. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 6 of 7
R1F
Contributor

Thank you very much and for the additional info also!  "Open All" and "Close All" definitely makes it a lot easier.  I guess that just leaves the outstanding problem of the rollups resetting every time I close and start up the 3DS Max application.  Is there anyway to keep them closed for when I start it again?

Message 7 of 7
RobH2

Not that I know of. That might be a post for the "Ideas" Forum. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report