Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hotkey for rename command in scene explorer

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1523 Views, 9 Replies

Hotkey for rename command in scene explorer

Hi! I cant figure out how to bind this rename layer command to hotkey.
In hotkey editor  i didnt find equal position. Tried to manage it by script, but iam near zero in scripting but nothing succeeded
Hope for your help ๐Ÿ™‚ thanks

veryetti1private_0-1617961986548.png

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Search for 'Rename the Selected Nodes' in the Hotkey editor.

hotkey_rename.JPG

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Thanks for the answer, but I tried it before and tried it right now again, it doesnt work for me. Checked with keyboard shortcut ovveride toggle on and off, nothing, unfortunatly

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

Strange.

I tried this under 2022 and it worked(key override on/off doesnt matter). Did you save the keyset? Try with a different key combination? I used Shift+R

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

Yep, sure iam saving hotkeys.  I tried to assign a lot of different combinations no result, now on ctrl+k
I see one strange thing: when i select layer, and after 1 sec clicking again on this layer LMB - rename starts, and then this hotkey works until i select another layer.
Iam using 3ds max 2020.2, maybe there is problems with this ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

Maxscript listener says that macros.run "Scene Explorer" "SERename", but renaming of layer dont starts
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Maxscript listener says that macros.run "Scene Explorer" "SERename", but renaming of layer dont starts

OK, so we are talking about renaming Layers? That`s a different thing. I thought you want to rename objects within the layers. Sorry for the confusion.

Seems that you have to make the Layer active for the renaming to start.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous

Yeah, layer renaming in scene explorer.
You are right. Seems like when i select the layer, and then set it to active then rename hotkey works, but if i bind make selected layer active to hotkey and than trying to rename - it doesnt work.
So there is strange thing, that this command works only when you selecting layer with LMB and clicking slowly on it 2 times, or second time on make layer active icon.
That is frustrating, because i have to rename layers a lot during my work, and doing it by RMB-Rename is frustrating extra clicks
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

Maybe someone in the Programming section of the board can write a macro-script that can make the renaming process easier. Unfortunately i`m no scripter, so i cant help with that.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Anyway thanks for participating! will try your advice

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report