Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP on Camera Creation

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
625 Views, 4 Replies

HELP on Camera Creation

Previously, I could create a camera from the perspective viewport by simply using ctrl+c. However, this doesn't seem to work on the 2016 version of 3ds max where I'm working now.

Even on the view menu, it states "Missing: Camera_CreateFromView`Lights and Camera"

Please help. Thank you.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

That command is calling the Maxscript “Macro_ObjectsCameras.mcr” which can be found in (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2016\MacroScripts). Verify that the file exists and that you have access to it (try to open in a text editor like Notepad.

If you don’t have it you could probably copy the file from someone who has it but the missing file is probably a symptom of a larger issue. Possibly hard drive corruption or even something like an anti-virus mistakenly flagging the file. I would try reinstalling 3ds Max under an account with admin rights.

If you do not have access then again check to see if your account has admin rights.

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

The script is located in the folder you've mentioned and I've successfully opened it in notepad however the problem persist.

Could relocating my project folder to another directory be the cause?

It doesn't seem to affect my colleagues' workstations

Please advise. Thank you.

Message 4 of 5
BenBisares
in reply to: Anonymous

Hmmm...ok. I think the next thing to try is to reset 3ds Max:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max-design/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles...

Ben Bisares
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: BenBisares

Hey sorry for the late reply been too busy with work to try the solution you've suggested

Tried it and it works I found out that the customized settings from pervious versions doesn't work too well with the current verison

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report