Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FumeFX preview window - Frame Missing

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
5368 Views, 6 Replies

FumeFX preview window - Frame Missing

Hello,

I'm having a problem with the FumeFX preview window.  When I make a preview, it runs through the timeline, then Windows 10 tries to bring up it's Movies & TV app, and an error box comes up saying:

Can't Play

This item was encoded in a format that's not supported.

0xc00d5212

And my FumeFX Output Preview window shows "Frame Missing."

I've tried this in 3ds Max 2016 and 2017, but both give me this same error.

My Specs are:

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

24 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 2.67 GHz

AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series

Any help would be appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

this is what i found windows 10 doesn't allow you to watch certain types of videos, if its a plugin issue then contact the afterworks supprt team

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any progress on this issue?  You might need to install some codec packs to get the right playback on Windows with certain compression methods.  I do suggest talking to Sitni Sati about this, Autodesk doesn't have much to do with FumeFx.  Please let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post?

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Sorry for the delay.  I did get this resolved.  It was actually a problem on my part.  The tutorial I was following failed to mention pressing the "Start Simulation" button before making a preview.  Now I got this up and running and have gone through a couple of tutorials.  This has been resolved.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

We've all been there @Anonymous!   Thanks very much for taking the time to update the thread, it means a lot to me.  I appreciate your community minded nature, kudos!

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello i am new here so the issue i have when i render start fumefx   the output preview windows wont open  that mean i cant see it when its rendering  any solution for this please 0.000.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report