Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fluids/ Emitter stops too early

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Floydchen
309 Views, 2 Replies

Fluids/ Emitter stops too early

Hi everyone,

Since a while I try to make a fluid-simulation with the internal Fluid-Tool of 3Ds Max 2020, unfortunately I wasn't really successful with it.

The scene contains two pipelines with a cube in the center, the water should flow from the first pipeline (left) through the cube into the second pipeline (right). The two cylinders within the cube are both colliders.

The problem is, that the emitter (in the left pipeline) stops too early and doesn't produce enough water for the second pipeline (right). I have adjusted the values as much as I thought it could be work, but there isn't no change.

Is it possible, that someone could take a look into my file, and give me some tips, what I can make better?

Thx for your help in advance.

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brentscannell
in reply to: Floydchen

Hi @Floydchen 

A few things I noticed in your model: The box does not have any holes cut out where the pipes pass through, so as soon as pipe 1 fills to the intersection of your box, the outside wall of the box (collider) acts as the final boundary for your fluid.

Second, your box has a wall missing, so even after making the appropriate holes in the box, the fluid would just spill out through that open side before ever filling up high enough to start filling pipe number two.

Message 3 of 3
Floydchen
in reply to: brentscannell

Hi Brentscannell,

thank you so much for your reply, I think at next I'll build my model like you said and make several tests again.

In case of unexpected issues I would like to post a question in this forum again.

Floydchen 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report