Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finalRender Killed my Max...help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
479 Views, 4 Replies

finalRender Killed my Max...help?

So...perhaps against my better judgment, I tried to install Cebas finalRender on my machine with Max 2016.

That was dumb.

After the nightmare that is their INSANE licensing program IPClamp, I then searched their forums...which are essentially dead...then searched their site and could only find versions for Max 2012.  More emails, and finally I learn that in addition to having this IPClamp running, I forgot to install their application manager.  So installed that, and now I get multiple DLL errors on startup, then Max crashes to desktop, allowing me to report the error.  I can now no longer use Max 2016.

1) Does anyone have an effective way of COMPLETELY removing this buggy, horrific beast from my machine?

2) Am I right in thinking that the right move is to give up on finalRender?  It seems like Cebas has..why shouldn't I join them? 

3) Anyone running discounts or sidegrades to Vray?

Thanks,

JT

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PROH
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like your Max did it's Final Render 😞

Joke aside... can't help you with point 1, 2 & 3, but wanted to ask you if you had tried/considered Corona?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Nice...well, I got Max running again...I will look into Corona...does it work with fumefx?
Message 4 of 5
PROH

Since I don't use FumeFX myself, I can't say anything for sure. I think so, but check it out on the forum

https://corona-renderer.com/forum/index.php

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
3dsMax 4.2 to 2018
AutoCAD 2000 to 2018
Infrastructure Design Suite Premium 2012 to 2018

Message 5 of 5
kgokhangurbuz

I'm able to answer your questions about V-Ray if you have some.

V-Ray basically is a non Biased render engine which is capable of doing almost anything (Animation, single frame etc) with light and shaders. It has so many fine tuning controls that you can fine tne anything you want or keep it basic and leave it to a few sliders for fast render setups.

It's %100 3ds Max friendly, uses real life light information to create what it calculates.

Please visit www.chaosgroup.com if you want some further info, but besides that, i can always answer anything you want to ask.

Best regards;

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report