Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export USD with Arnold material

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
osukas
324 Views, 3 Replies

Export USD with Arnold material

Hello. I'm trying to export some props I designed in 3dsmax 2024 in USD files. I'm using Arnold materials.

When I export it I activate Arnold in Export Definition > Plug-In configuration 

When I re-import the file in Max, my shaders are changed to physical material, and lost all Arnold materials. Also I'm using "export selected" with camera export deactivated, and my import has all the objects in scene + a camera where my viewport view was.

A friend using Maya has the option to export as Arnold USD, (in Max I only have USD) and his export reimports with the Arnold shaders visible 

Tags (3)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
osukas
in reply to: osukas

A little update:

I have this shader error when importing directly from the "import" window. But if I use instead the USD object in Create > Geometry> Arnold, it works.

Still is exporting the non-selected geometry in my project. 

---------------

Update 2:

When I have objects parented to others, they change rotation and position when reimported or loaded from Arnold USD procedural. But when I deactivate Arnold in the options, the mesh exports correctly but doesn't save Arnold materials 

Message 3 of 4
CiroCardoso3v
in reply to: osukas

Are you using this option to export the USD file?

CiroCardoso3v_0-1717567624748.png

Lead Enviroment Artist @Axis Studios

Arnold Discord Server

Ciro Cardoso

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
osukas
in reply to: CiroCardoso3v

Hi @CiroCardoso3v 

I havent used that option, I used FILE > EXPORT > EXPORT SELECTED and select .usd

I went your way using Archive in teh render window and now is exporting. Thanks!
i will later try with the files I had been trying to export.

Dont understand why the Export doesnt work in the EXPORT window, and having to export using the RENDER SETUP window.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report