Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Bitmap images and pre-set AEC foliage Colours

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
345 Views, 1 Reply

Editing Bitmap images and pre-set AEC foliage Colours

Just wondering if anyone could help me out with this if possible. I'm making a scene in College and i need to show different ways and different software's used and plug ins etc etc. 

For this scene it's just the pre-set tree's which Autodesk 2016 provides and a few Alpha Map Ferns from PS and a backdrop image on a plain.

My question is, is there a way to cusomise the colour from the stuff I've created in 3ds max to it blends in more with the colours from the backdrop image which I've used ? Do these objects have properties which i can customise colour in ?

Thank You

3.png4.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

My question is, is there a way to cusomise the colour from the stuff I've created in 3ds max to it blends in more with the colours from the backdrop image which I've used ? Do these objects have properties which i can customise colour in ?

The Material Editor is where you create materials which define the look of a model. The material colour can be set by the colour swatches or a texture map. There is a Colour Correction map that can adjust the colour of a map and Output controls for maps. So in the material editor, you can make a models materials more realisic and life-like.

However typically when doing any kind of compositing work, the rendered output may be post processed with colour correction and other filters to make it match the background footage/plate more closely.

@Anonymous wrote:
a backdrop image on a plain.

The usual practice in compositing is to render the image onto an Alpha background for post-compositing. Having the render separate from the background allows some post-processing as mentioned.

A background image may be put in the Environmant map slot rather than on a plane. On in a more advanced setup a Camera Mapped background may be applied to a matte/shadow material, applied to an object (Eg, ground plane and/or proxy geom)  as well as the environment.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report