Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicated rollout bug in panel crashes Max2018. a nightmare currently!

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bksong
1243 Views, 7 Replies

Duplicated rollout bug in panel crashes Max2018. a nightmare currently!

I've had this bug for about half a year now.

Sometimes when I use the 1-5 keys to change sub-object  mode,  it'll  duplicate some command panel rollout every number press and eventually it slows the game down until it crashes.

i.e. I press 4 to enter face subobject mode but "channel" rollout dupicates.  I press  "2"  to get to  vertex  subobject mode and another "channel" rollout appears.  

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
brentscannell
in reply to: bksong

Hi @bksong

Sorry to hear about this! Does it prompt you to send in an error report, and would you have the report number handy? Maybe there are some clues I can find on the back end with respect to this...

Message 3 of 8
Swordslayer
Message 4 of 8
bksong
in reply to: brentscannell

@brentscannell Not sure if it's saved anywhere but I'll be sure to post the next time it happens.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

This exact bug is happening to me on a daily basis now...
Is there anything I can do to resolve it?

3ds max duplicate rollout bug.JPG

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

This exact bug is happening to me on a daily basis now...
Is there anything I can do to resolve it?

Yes, install the latest Update for 3dsmax, that would be 2018.4. You are still on the initial release.

Message 7 of 8
bksong
in reply to: Anonymous

I have 2018.4 currently and got the bug again.

@brentscannell I made the mistake of not copying the CER number but will the attached dumpdata file suffice or do I need to send the report? Bad habit of just closing and restarting max! Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 8
brentscannell

@bksong

Thanks, I was able to search for the report based on the info in that dump file and got the details. I've let the dev team know that this is still occurring in 2018.4, I'll post back when I have some news on what they've found out.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report