Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download old versions of 3ds Max

33 REPLIES 33
SOLVED
Message 1 of 34
blakestone
63462 Views, 33 Replies

Download old versions of 3ds Max

Is there anywhere on the Autodesk page which allows the 30-day trial of older versions of 3ds Max such as 2009, 2010 or 2011? I have to use a plugin which is only for these versions for a one off model conversion?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
33 REPLIES 33
Message 2 of 34

Hi Travis,

If you check Matt, Our Virtual Agent you'll find the download links for the 2010 and 2011 versions of 3Ds Max. Click on Download Links, 3Ds Max Products.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 34
blakestone
in reply to: blakestone

Perfect, thank you kindly!

Technical 3D Graphic Artist
Autodesk 3dsMax 2015 - Service Pack 4
Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

how can I get a copy of 3ds max 2014 when I already own a copy and want to move it to another computer?

Message 5 of 34
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

how can I get a copy of 3ds max 2014 when I already own a copy and want to move it to another computer?

the link was posted above to download previous versions

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

Is there a way to get 2011 for education license?

I know how to download the product but don't know how to generate the student license like you would with the available downloads on education page (only 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.)

Thank!

Message 7 of 34
DarrenP

@Anonymous wrote:

I know how to download the product but don't know how to generate the student license like you would with the available downloads on education page (only 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.)

then you can't autodesk doesn't provide 2011 licenses anymore

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous

Hi Joanne,

Where can I download 2011 3ds max? sorry I couldn't find it in the link you attached. Thanks.

James

Message 9 of 34
jessica.t

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

As stated above, Autodesk only offers products versions three years back from the current release in the Education Community. The oldest product versions we have are the 2012s. Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding!

Jessica Thrasher
Message 10 of 34
Anonymous

i only find 2015 2014 2013 2012 but no 2011?

what's wrong ?

thanks a lot 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous

read the entire thread again

it was already explained

Message 12 of 34
Anonymous

I am a student ! i am using 32 bit windows 7 . thats why i need to 3ds studio max 2008 verson. but where are 2008 verson ? please give me max 2008 verson link .
Message 13 of 34
camilo.lemos

Hi @Anonymous and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

3ds Max 2008 is no longer supported by Autodesk and, therefore, no longer available for students. All versions currently available for students can be downloaded from this page after registering in the Education Community.

I hope this helps!

Camilo Lemos

Message 14 of 34
Anonymous

Same problem for me - seems 2011 version of Max Design isn't available anywhere! I even went to the Autodesk store with my order number and tried downloading from there, but the DigitalRiver link says it was too far in the past, no longer available.

Anyone can help us find 2011 version?? (without relying on insecure torrents)

Message 15 of 34
leaveAlone

I have the same problem. I NEED 3dsMax version 4. I would be willing to purchase a download or CD for a discounted price if it existed. It is required for a plugin that I have to use.

However, after an extensive amount of research it appears Autodesk is doing an aggressive takedown of all downloads and even for sale listings of old copies. The only thing I can think of to set them straight at this point is a class action law suit to stop their patent trolling.

So Autodesk, as an open letter:

1) Please allow us to purchase or download older copies legally.
2) If you do not wish to do so, then at least allow us to continue sharing existing copies as abandonware.

You're aggressive policy has made legal game development for older games near to impossible.

Thank you.
Message 16 of 34
dejawolfs
in reply to: leaveAlone

yeah i'd join you in that class action suit. 

i got max 8 and 2013, but i'd rather have some version inbetween those. 

i've modified max 8 to all hell, and it's now fairly nice and fast, opens in a split second. 

max 2013 on the other hand is a complete turd. 

first and foremost it starts extremely slowly compared to max 8. 

second, most of the things broken in max 8 is still broken in max 2013. 

in addition there are now new things that are broken, especially the UV editor. 

there's navigation problems in the UV editor, where the zoom and movement suddenly becomes ultra-sensitive, 

and unfold mapping breaks up all of the UVs. 

select from scene also opens annoyingly slowly. 

oh yeah, and the planar mapping was changed to where the helvetes thing just fills the UV space. 

only way to turn off the distortion of UVs is to turn off normalize. and then your UVs turn enormous. 

which means you have to spend 9/10 of your time planar mapping rescaling the jævla UVs. 

and don't even get me started on the nitrous viewport.. urgh. 

Message 17 of 34
Anonymous

Hey I have a question.. my laptop only supports 32 bit installer. Student versions of 3ds max I see is only for 2014 and 15 but those are 66 bit versions right now I'm on a trail fo 2013 but I have a student licence for autocad which mears I'm a student with a student license but where can I find a link to student 3 yr license for 3ds max that is not for a 66 bit installer please please tell me I only have a few days left of my trial and I use 3ds max a lot .
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous

it really would be worth looking into upgrading your computer or at least Windows.

But, here's the link from the very first official answer - 2013 3DS Max 32 bit: http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous

They stopped making 32-bit versions for anything after 2013. Time to upgrade windows - chances are high that your computer already supports 64 bit.
Message 20 of 34
Anonymous
in reply to: jessica.t

I am trapped on Windows XP computer, and I have literally no way of upgrading to a new OS or computer. Is there anywhere that I can get the 2010 or 2011 versions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report