Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dissappearing layers

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
paulina.dobroszek
260 Views, 1 Reply

Dissappearing layers

Hello

I have some issue with layers in my file. So basically there is a layer list on the left. Normally all of them should be listed there, even hidden ones. But when I hide the layer it totally dissappears from the list. The only way to bring it back again is to "unhide all". It's really irritating, becasue I don't have a control over the visibility of my layers. 
Do you know what could be a cause of it?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobH2
in reply to: paulina.dobroszek

Without seeing a short video of the problem you are having it's difficult to know exactly what's happening but that palette can act strangely sometimes. I've usually solved it by going to where you see the 'yellow' arrow in my attachment and clicking back and forth between the two options. Once back to 'Layers' instead of 'Hierarchy' it tends to stop misbehaving. 

Also, for common annoyances like this, it's often solved by doing an ENU reset. Search the forum on how to do that but it's really simple. If you do it properly, you'll have saved your current ENU in case you want to restore the one you had before resetting it. 

If you still have issues, do a little screen capture video and maybe it will help diagnosis for more help. 

RobH2_0-1651002883243.png

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report