Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display port issues using Quadro RTX6000

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
519 Views, 3 Replies

Display port issues using Quadro RTX6000

Hello,

Please see attached.  When using Vray materials, these are my viewport options.  I attempted to discuss this with Nvidia but they passed the buck down to Autodesk.  Could someone please explain why this is happening?  It appears the only display I can work in is the first example.  I would think a 4000.00 video card would provide a better view port graphics.

Thanks.....Scott.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

have you setup your VGA card drivers in max? link https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/3DSMa...

this maybe the issue, the other issue if you have the daylight system in your scene if the sun is low to the floor then it could be that because of you move through the time the sun gets highter in the sky the scene becomes lighters

another one is the  perspective viewport configure is set to the default one lighting setup you can change to a two lighting setup because the default lights are hidden in your scene when you add a light as you know the default lights go out,

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately, that has noting to do with the issue.  Please see attached.  The problem started when I migrated from Max 2016 to 2017.  It appears Autodesk changed the settings and options when it came to viewport shading.   If you look at the attached file, you can see how the two versions of max handle the viewport shading. The 2018 example, I assigned one max standard material to the entire model and it looks fine.  The 2016 model has Vray materials assigned, as did the first set of examples from my previous post and it looks fine.  For some odd reason, the later versions of Max are having issues with vray materials and viewport shading.  it appears to be an Autodesk issue. 

Message 4 of 4
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

in the second image it looks like max has cut hole into your AEC walls but in the first image max has not done that cannot you use the link and select tool to force max to cut hole in the walls? unless you convert it down to a poly which doesn't allow you to link and select or cut holes in the walls for the windows and doors.

as i dont work for autodesk i cannot help you with the issue @hagen.deloss maybe he can help because he is an empolyee and has the contacts

you have posted an image render but not the file, you can email him and send the file over to him if there is a copyright issue. also i cannot help you with the vray because i don't use it maybe someone else can help you who uses Vray

Anthony!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report