Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A software problem has caused 3D's Max 2010 to close unexpectedly

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
501 Views, 2 Replies

A software problem has caused 3D's Max 2010 to close unexpectedly

Hello how are you guys, well I got a problem too with 3DS Max 2010, no matter if try x32 or x64, got same error when starting, I try execute via compatibility mode, -h via opengl, software and anyway got error, my spects are:

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

CPU QuadCore AMD Phenom II X4 Black Edition 965, 3400 MHz (17 x 200)

AMD 890FX

16GB DDR3

AMD Radeon R7 200 Series (2 GB)

Your post subject line has been edited by @hagen.deloss: The original thread can be found here

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

have you added the lastest service pack and hotfixes?

have you setup your VGA drivers inside max link https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2017/ENU/3DSMa...

does max give you a crash reporting error asking you to fill out a form and submit it? if you do once you send it max will give you a crash reporting error ref number with letters if you post it here @hagen.deloss or another empolyee can look it up for you and find an answer or a work around.

Message 3 of 3
hagen.deloss
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks for bringing your issue to the forums! 

I would recommend installing Service Pack 2 for Windows 7, here is an article regarding how to do this.

I agree with @irishman_team_kilber starting Max 2010 using a different display driver could help, and please, if you have submitted a CER report, feel free to direct message me either the CER number, or the email you used to send it 😄

Talk to you soon!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report