Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop subscription : The Software License check out failed. Error 20.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1592 Views, 4 Replies

Desktop subscription : The Software License check out failed. Error 20.

Hi,

I got issue with 3ds max 2016 and this one subscribed under desktop subcriptions. Here I attached the screen capture of the error. I also read through the solutions for this kind of error in the forum but from what I understand, seems like the solutions are for network license (using FlexNet).  May I know if there is any solution for desktop subscription with this kind of error? Or is it because they use windows 10? From the error, the network connection is unavailable but as far as I know, desktop subscription need to connect to the internet during activation. Right?

Please, I really need your help. Thanks. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Check out this post and see if the solution there applies to your issue as well: Maya (2014, 2015 and 2016) subscription license verification error 20

Additionally, you can also try applying the fix for the Internet Explorer settings described here.  

Let us know how it goes. Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

hi @jeffrey.sin

It links to information about helping with Mac. I'm on windows. 

Message 4 of 5
jeffrey.sin
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

The post from the link above is also for Windows OS, Windows 10 to be exact. In any case, the solution from the post is the system clock configuration, could you check that as well to ensure that it is correct? 

Next is you can also try applying the fix for the Internet Explorer settings described here.  Finally, try to force re-activate your product and see if that resolves the issue. 

Let us know how it goes. Thank you, 

Jeffrey Sin

Autodesk Customer Support
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jeffrey.sin

I have 3ds Max 2015 installed on the dell computers in my high school computer lab running system 7 in a networked environment. This error started appearing a few weeks ago on my teacher's computer. Techs reinstalled Max to fix it but the error message continues to pop up. Techs are attacking it with the idea that the network ports are not set correctly to reach your licensing servers.

No soldutions have been found by my techs, and I can not teach Max from my computer.

Max is installed on my teahcer's computer's harddrive. Is this fix you suggest recommended for what I describe.

Or, if it is a port issue please share what you can about that fix.

Thank you very much.

Paul Ruez, Oceanside High School, Ca.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report