Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCC Link, 3ds Max Interactive Issues

62 REPLIES 62
SOLVED
Message 1 of 63
kurt
6658 Views, 62 Replies

DCC Link, 3ds Max Interactive Issues

Max 2018 will not start when the DCC link plugin is installed. 

If I uninstall the DCC link program, from Windows control panel, Max will start normally again.

3ds Max Interactive seems to work with or without the DCC Link app running.

3ds Max 2018 will not launch at all when the DCC plugin is running. Event log says fault in module "ExchangeStorePackageManager.dll"

When Max 2018 is running. the "Interactive" menu item jumps to the webpage about installing 3ds Max Interactive.

So, the docs say that these two apps should work together, but in my case they absolutely do not.  Any help here would be appreciated.

62 REPLIES 62
Message 2 of 63
jordi_bergboer
in reply to: kurt

Same problem here. Even uninstall/ re-install of Stingray & 3ds Max won't solve the problem. 

Back to the FBX export 😳

Message 3 of 63
DarrenP
in reply to: jordi_bergboer

do you also have the stingray dcc installed?

if so this needs to be uninstalled

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 63
jordi_bergboer

Uninstalled not only the dcc's, But also all stingray version and max versions. Reinstalled max 17 and 18 and interactive + dcc. No luck. Max 2018 wont start up. 2017 start. With the stingray menu. But all commando are greyed out.
Message 5 of 63
DarrenP

i also ran into this when i had both the interactive dcc & the stingray dcc installed and this prevented Max 2017 & 2018 from launching uninstalling either the Interactive dcc or the stingray dcc fixed this issue

but then i got error message in 2018 about a max script

doing this: removing your ENU folder under "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\<MaxVersion> and restart Max.

fixed the issue

If you already have stingray installed on this machine you really don't need 3ds Max interactive installed

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 63
kurt

I need to ask, is the DCC link working for anyone, as depicted in the documentation?

-kurt

Message 7 of 63
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @kurt and @jordi_bergboer,

I am currently collecting information about these problems.  I have had about 6 reports (including the two of you) about the DCC link or Max not starting when they are installed and I wanted to ask if you'd be willing to email me your event viewer logs, please?   Alfred.Deflaminis@autodesk.com.  

We had another issue with connection between applications resolved by updating DirectX but it wasn't specifically a DCC link issue.  It might be worth trying in case this is the commonality between the two issues until I have a better sense of what is going on here.  

Which OS are you two using? 

Thanks very much and best regards,

Message 8 of 63

@jordi_bergboer have you tried deleting the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2018 - 64bit\ENU" folder?

-----------------------------
Chip Weatherman
Product Manager, 3ds Max
Media & Entertainment
twitter.com/chipnuts
Message 9 of 63
jordi_bergboer

Nor for me, Kurt. 😕
Message 10 of 63
jordi_bergboer

@electrotoast_old. , Yes I deleted the ENU dir. didn't work for me. Also, somewhere on the forum, I read that adding a dir to the 3rd party paths should fix the problem. ........yes it started once. The second time, max didn't start. Got an error message about a menu. Removed DCC link again, and max started how it should start. BTW, the interactive menu says: get max interactive. That's all??
Message 11 of 63
DarrenP

@jordi.bergboer wrote:
BTW, the interactive menu says: get max interactive. That's all??

yes its because it looking for the Interactive DCC plug in

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 12 of 63

@jordi_bergboer Could you PM me your email address. I'd like to send you a different installer and see if it works.

Chip Weatherman
Product Manager, 3ds Max
Media & Entertainment
twitter.com/chipnuts
Message 13 of 63
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello all, can you please confirm with me that you've installed Update 1 for 2018 prior to installing Max Interactive?  Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

Message 14 of 63

I can confirm that.

Message 15 of 63
DarrenP
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

@Alfred.DeFlaminis wrote:

Hello all, can you please confirm with me that you've installed Update 1 for 2018 prior to installing Max Interactive?  Thanks very much!

Best Regards,

yes the update was installed first

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 16 of 63

Message 17 of 63
WojtekOgrodnik

Same problem here, Max won't start with DCC. Update installed first. With dcc uninstalled both max and Interactive work but no link between them...

Message 18 of 63

Hello @WojtekOgrodnik and everyone else,

This is a new issue for me, and I think that the best thing here is for me to collect all the information I possibly can.  I have some questions below which may help me narrow this down.  Thanks for taking the time to answer them.  

1) Which OS are you using, and in what language?  Does your windows username contain any special characters?  (Æ, É, Ñ, etc.)

2) What language do you run 3ds Max in?  

3) What is your current permissions level in Windows?  Any group policies in place?  What about your current UAC level?  

4) Do you see anything strange in your event viewer logs?  

5) Would you mind emailing me the application and system logs?  (no biggie if not, but if so please email them to alfred.deflaminis@autodesk.com)

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that.  

Best Regards,

Message 19 of 63
WojtekOgrodnik

For me it is:

1) Windows 10 Pro English

2) English

3) Admin

UAC - 3

No policies

Will update 4 and send 5 later,

Thank you!

Message 20 of 63

Thank you for doing that @WojtekOgrodnik.  

@jordi_bergboer has been emailing with @electrotoast_old and a he'd mentioned that adding:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\StingrayDCCLink_Max2018.bundle\Contents

To the systems path ->3rd party plugins fixed this problem for him.   To the other users in this thread, will you please try that for me?  Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report