Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloth 3dsmax 2019 Bug

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
damon
1325 Views, 6 Replies

Cloth 3dsmax 2019 Bug

Hi

There is something wrong with Cloth in 3ds max 2019.

When you simulate It has lost its responsiveness you now have to press escape to change any of the parameters like adjusting gravity. This Bug completely stops live drag from working which is a show stopper.

The only workaround I can find is to export the scene to an earlier version of 3ds max. Max 2016 for instance works fine.

Also the Help feedback in max 2019 also doesn't let me log a bug which is why I am posting here,

Thanks

D

Tags (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: damon

Seems to work here.

I noticed that after you pressed 'Simulate Local' you initially can`t pick nodes (like wind) from the viewport. But selecting them from the SceneExplorer worked for me. After that i can select them from the viewport too. Ist that what you experience?

Message 3 of 7
damon
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi thanks for getting back to me promptly.

In previous versions of 3dsmax when you press simulate local you still have access to the simulation Parameters and you can stop the simulation by pressing the simulate local button, neither of these work now and you have to press escape to stop the operation.

The most acute example of this issue is in sub menu faces/  simulate local/ live drag. The interface is non responsive. Also the escape doesn't work at this level. I found if you right click Quad menu tools1 toplevel  that will brake the operation and save you from restarting Max.

Im on 3ds max 2019 21.0-21.0.0.845

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

@damon wrote:

Hi thanks for getting back to me promptly.

In previous versions of 3dsmax when you press simulate local you still have access to the simulation Parameters and you can stop the simulation by pressing the simulate local button, neither of these work now and you have to press escape to stop the operation.

The most acute example of this issue is in sub menu faces/  simulate local/ live drag. The interface is non responsive. Also the escape doesn't work at this level. I found if you right click Quad menu tools1 toplevel  that will brake the operation and save you from restarting Max.

Im on 3ds max 2019 21.0-21.0.0.845

Like i said: It seems to work here including Live drag.

Latest version is 21.0 - 21.1.1.1320

Message 5 of 7
damon

Ive installed 2019.1.1 Update. Still doesn't work.

I'll have to go and use an old version of 3ds max.

D

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Sorry for the delay.

Moving to an older version might be an intermediate solution, but it won`t help you going forward.

While i`m not able the reproduce this issue with the information given, it still doesn`t mean there is no problem at all.

This might be specific to your scene setup. So perhaps if you can provide a minimal scene that demonstrates this issue, we could find out what`s going on here.

I recorded a video that illustrates the cloth behaviour in 2019.1.1. on my end.

Message 7 of 7
damon

I appear to have got it working. I reset Max and it now functions like it aught to.

Not sure why that should make any difference.

D

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report