Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

closing mini curve editor...

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
13356 Views, 9 Replies

closing mini curve editor...

Ok I clicked this button on bottom left next to timeline which says "Open Mini Curve Editor", but hell once the mini curve editor is open, there is just no way to close it. I tried clicking here there everywhere hours of digging inside menus, but no use. The only way to close is to restart MAX. Can someone please tell me how to close this USER FRIENDLY window???
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

That would be the big button on the left of the tool bar that says "Close".
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

sorry to say, there is none. I am using 1920x1200 monitor, so all buttons are displayed. I right clicked inside curve editor and all toolbars are also displayed. No "close" options inside any of menus and none of the button says "close" checked 100 times, please help...

check the screenshot...

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

I thought is was a bit too obvious to miss.
Try this, right click on an empty part of the tool bar, and look on this menu, that should unhide the Close button.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous

hmmm.... seems some version issue... mine is 11.0 and toolbars options are different.

see for yourself... looks like i'm trapped until they fix it 😞

Message 6 of 10
Steve_Curley

Right-Click the toolbar > Float. Click the "X" to close it.

Looks like you managed to delete the "Close" trackbar - you could try adding it back.

Btw - no-one uses the internal version numbers (11.0), and my toolbar menus look the same as Samab's (and I'm using Max 2009 SP1), so it's your installation which has been changed/modified away from the defaults (or you're in some odd "mode" which is changing them), not a difference in version.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

ok i made it float and closed, but i dont understand why my menus are different from your and samab's. Also, my menus say "animation editor" while your says "track view".

neways, thnx for help, problem solved 🙂
Message 8 of 10
Steve_Curley

I can only assume (not tested this) that the Mini editor is "context sensitive". I notice that in your original screenshot that you have something selected - there's an Orange button in the command panel. The screenshot (being a jpg) isn't clear enough to make out what it is. Maybe try opening it in a clean scene with nothing selected?.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

I attach pictures of how to close the Curve Editor (one without Close button) and then how to display the Track Editor (has a Close button)

Closing C.E.:

close curve editor.png

Open "Track Editor" (has a Close button):various editors.png

Message 10 of 10
jafari.maziar

same problem @Anonymous

Well described!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report