Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot rename scene error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1456 Views, 6 Replies

Cannot rename scene error

I keep getting these errors on this file.

I have even tried starting over and importing the object from the error file but the error persist.

It is 3 in a row whenever the system tries to autosave.

When I choose the option to resave this still doesn't fix the problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

You may be out of drive space.  Is your hard drive full?  Are you working off a thumb drive or online backup folder?  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

No, I have 815gb of free space.

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Where is your project folder set to?  It's set on that same drive?   Maybe it's a Windows permission issue.  Are you working out of a folder like Dropbox or OneDrive?  Something in Windows is preventing the write, the cause of this is on the OS level most likely.  

If you move all the autoback files out of that folder so it can make new ones, does that help?  Are the autoback files read only right now for some reason?

Best Regards,

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post? Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

I believe the source of my problem was google drive.

Not sure why but if I take my Max scene folder off of "backup" for google drive, the problem goes away.  Obviously there is some conflict between google drive and max permissions, even though I give Max full permission on this folder.

- David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report