Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get textures to correctly embed during FBX export

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
futuremotionrecovery
1888 Views, 2 Replies

Can't get textures to correctly embed during FBX export

I downloaded a model on 3DSky.org shown here: https://3dsky.org/3dmodels/show/garderob_poliform_10

While I have a license and know a little bit about 3DSMax, my primary application is Blender.

So I am trying to convert the provided scenes to FBX with embedded media, and then I will clean everything up in Blender. Unfortunately I just can't get the textures to embed properly. When I import into Blender the geometry is perfect, but everything is grey. There are no materials or textures.

I know it's possible to do this because I've successfully done it before with other models. For some reason this just doesn't want to work.

Here are the scene files provided:

scene files.png

When I export to FBX, these are the settings I'm choosing:

fbx_export.png

Note that "Embed Media" is checked. I tried this process with both the Corona and VRay versions of the scenes, but still no dice. I tried both before and after ART conversion.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or how I can fix this?

Edit: I just bought a subscription to V-Ray in hopes of solving this, hah.

Thanks so much,
Jay

Labels (5)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hello @futuremotionrecovery, edited answer here.  Vray and Corona materials are unsupported by FBX, so this won't work.  You can try vray scene exporter possibly, otherwise you must use standard materials for FBX.  

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 3

Hello @futuremotionrecovery, sorry I missed the bottom part.  Vray and Corona materials are unsupported by FBX, so this won't work.  You can try vray scene exporter possibly, otherwise you must use standard materials for FBX.  

Forum is acting slow, my fault for double post.  

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report