Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not uninstall, reinstall 3ds max! Help!

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Orthodoxy
179 Views, 6 Replies

Can not uninstall, reinstall 3ds max! Help!

When I try to uninstall 3ds max through the control panel, I click on Uninstallation as the icon and window appear with – preparing- and disappear after about 3 seconds. Help me, please, what it can be?

Screenshot 2023-09-14 201418.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobH2
in reply to: Orthodoxy

Here is a link outlining a mostly 'manual' uninstall of Max. Try this if you think it's prudent and see if it helps. You should watch it once before you decide to follow it or not though. Just to be sure...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flXC6Ah_wyE

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this video I'm showing you how you can uninstall 3ds Max completely. This software can takes up to 20GB approximate unlike using Blender. So it's your choice obviously. Update: Don't forget to delete 3ds Max from your Documents folder as well. 📁 SOURCE LINKS 📁 Download Revo Uninstall ...
Message 3 of 7
Orthodoxy

So, when I was trying to reinstall AdODIS and after that when I tried to set up 3ds max, or other Autodesk software just for trying I saw there some Autodesk install windows appeared and disappeared in about 7 seconds. So, any of these setup process types starts and suddenly closes with no error... There are some Autodesk installer dependencies I have corrupted or what I can be... Like any of this process just closes suddenly... Only Fusion360 was installed successfully, but I think there is other installation software used...

234562457.png

325546456.png

  

Message 4 of 7
Orthodoxy
in reply to: RobH2

Thanks! Yes but after that i still cannot install back any of Autodesk products, beside Fusion 360(
Message 5 of 7
RobH2

You are going to need to reach out to Autodesk directly. You have something more complex going on, beyond the scope of what I can help you with. Maybe another user will have been through what you are dealing with and give you some kind of solution. 🙂

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 6 of 7
Orthodoxy

I Solve id by uninstalling ODIS from the system, and manually finding and deleting all ODIS dependencies from the registry, and clean reinstalling it again...

Message 7 of 7
RobH2

Thanks for reporting that. It will help someone else. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report