Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Perspective HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
499 Views, 3 Replies

Camera Perspective HELP!

I have this image as the end of my intro. My boss wants the logos at the lower right to be more straight-on.

As I'm new to 3ds Max, I barely know the camera settings. Is there a certain setting, certain type of camera, specific settings, a video tutorial anyone can suggest?

I like the way it looks - afterall, it is a 3D rendering. But, is there a way to make the entire image look flatter towards/through the camera?

Thanks,

Dave

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
darawork
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having trouble tying your explanation of the problem with the picture you uploaded.
Do you have a vector of this Logo at hand?

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Putting the camera in Orthographic Projection will give the effect of it being flat when straight on. An orthographic view has no perspective, so it may look odd earlier in the anim and may not be the effect you want.

A compromise may be to put the camera further away and narrow the FOV. This will reduce the perspective effect, but it will still have perspective.

A third option is to fake it by animating down the thickness of the logo, right at the end as it come straight on. Easily done if it is just an extrude.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I did reduce the extrude on the logo and gave me the pass. I will try the other solutions going forward, though. Thanks!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report