Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner Could not read/write file type to mystery user!?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Streetwise
3757 Views, 3 Replies

Backburner Could not read/write file type to mystery user!?

I'm all of a sudden getting an annoying error for each render. The job does complete (I have "restart failed servers turned off") because I'm using PSD Manager, but why is BB looking to write to a User directory named "ever" that does not exist? How do I change that? I also noticed that there is very little activity in Manager even though jobs are being rendered. Both Manager and Monitor are on my workstation and Server is on one of my nodes. Thoughts?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
luke
in reply to: Streetwise

I have the same error. it's looking for c:\users\spare which doesn't exist on any of our computers... 

any idea why it would do this? 

BB won't render as the adapter error causes the render to fail on the nodes...?

Message 3 of 4
luke
in reply to: luke

FWIW, I found an asset in asset tracking that was looking the path C:\users\spare which came from the model that was supplied by the client, once I cleaned that out it worked fine... 

so maybe just have a look for the path in asset tracking and see how that goes! 😉 

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: luke

That's good to know! The other thing (in my case) is that the Render Output path was somehow set to this, even though I had the "Save File" box unchecked. Once I deleted that, it's good now...  Glad you found a solution!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report