Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application error (Max 2025)

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
siskinsergey623
1232 Views, 7 Replies

Application error (Max 2025)

Hello. The day before yesterday I updated my 3ds max to version 2025, the next time I logged into 3d max I encountered an application error. I tried removing ENU, but nothing worked for me. Perhaps this is due to the graphic mode, but I myself cannot solve this problem. My device has two versions of 3D Max, 2024 and 2025, how can I switch back to the old version?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobH2
in reply to: siskinsergey623

Max does not 'update' 2024, at least not for me. It just installs the new version and both are separate. To go back, you just launch Max 2024 like normal. 

Do you have a Wacom tablet? If so, try this:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/3ds-max-forum/3ds-max-will-not-launch/m-p/11704557#M205454

Does the error message give any other info to help know what caused the error?

To change the graphic mode before start, try this:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Change-the-display...

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 8
siskinsergey623
in reply to: RobH2

I tried everything that was listed in these forums, but nothing helped me. I don't know how to launch Max 2024 like a normal one. Can you elaborate on this?

Message 4 of 8

If you didn't uninstall 2024 it should still be installed. If you installed to the default location the 3dsmax.exe should be in Local Disk > Program Files > Autodesk 3ds Max 2024.

Message 5 of 8

I know it is, but how do i actually run the version? I just dont get it

Message 6 of 8

What happens when you try to launch the 2024 exe? Giving more detail would be helpful.

Message 7 of 8

yes

Message 8 of 8
wernienst
in reply to: siskinsergey623

It should still reside in your Windows Start menu. Click on All Apps (top right corner), then scroll down to Autodesk Folder.

wernienst_0-1714409890843.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report