Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Truth

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
whitebirchstudios
215 Views, 3 Replies

AI Truth

Ok, fess up. Does AD have an evil AI that crashes your scene if you haven't saved in a given amount of time? I swear that if I save every 15 minutes I never crash, but if I ever get relaxed and don't save for a few hours, MAX will crash.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I can neither confirm or deny the existence of such a feature and/or technology. 

This message will self destruct in 60 seconds...

Message 3 of 4

Hi @whitebirchstudios,

Tough one for sure.

The amount of time we've all lost collectively to stuff like this is incalculable.

I find it hard to trust most software these days, 2D and/or 3D. Apologies if that sounds jaded!

Gotta say though, if the max devs spent time creating an maintaining an A.I that seems to work perfectly at killing scenes at inconvenient times instead of adding awesome stuff and, ahem, squashing insects, id be really annoyed, like disillusioned, 'i don't believe in anything anymore' annoyed!

Stick to the manual saves sir, I cannot hand on heart say place your time and trust in machines or software. Again, sorry if that sounds a bit 'tin foil hat', I've lost too much time forgetting to save and being stung!

"jesus saves, buddha makes incremental backups"

regards,

Message 4 of 4

Autosave had bitten me in the past, too, so I trust my manual save more.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report