Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DSmax 2019 crashing

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
1295 Views, 5 Replies

3DSmax 2019 crashing

Hello everyone,

I recently installed 3Dsmax 2019 because the 2018 version has never really worked properly for me. At some point today I started receiving the typical error report window with the application not even starting and not entering the main interface.

2019 seemed to work fine for a while until the application started not responding, when I tried to open it again I got another error, this time related to GPU problems. I tried to apply every measure suggested by Autodesk, so I updated my GPU drivers (I currently have the 411.70 version of the GeForce 10 series drivers) and also every single driver of my notebook. I also tried to unistall Max2019 and reinstall 2018 but with no success since I still wasn't able to use the application. Also changing the graphics modes was not useful, and Max has all the available updates installed. 

I then rolled back my graphic drivers to the version I was previously using when working with Max 2018 but it didn't work out for both versions of Max.

Can someone tell me what else can I try to do? I feel like I have already tried all the possible approaches, especially the ones recommended by Autodesk on this website.

I attached a screenshot showing the error I am getting in Max2019, I saw other posts from other people getting similar issues in previous versions of the software, but as I already mentioned in the post, none of the previously proposed solutions fixed my issues.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

Thanks for the response,

I tried all the solutions containeted in that page before but with no success.

Message 4 of 6
irishman_team_kilber
in reply to: Anonymous

what kind of VGA card do you by the manufactures name and type

what happens when you you change your display drivers in max? and autodesk gets you to choose your display drivers it still doesn't work are you logged in as the admin

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: irishman_team_kilber

It's a Nvidia 1060 and I have a Lenovo Y720. When I change the drivers I get the same error, and I am also logged as admin.

@irishman_team_kilber wrote:

what kind of VGA card do you by the manufactures name and type

what happens when you you change your display drivers in max? and autodesk gets you to choose your display drivers it still doesn't work are you logged in as the admin

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

What does the .log say?

Where did it stop? Did you enable OGS logging like suggested in the error msg? This can help the support figuring out what`s going on.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report