Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3dsmax 2012 SP2 won't install

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sbomhardt
431 Views, 6 Replies

3dsmax 2012 SP2 won't install

I tried to install it but it says 1324. I made it a picture.

What can I do?

Problem is that some of my work I have done, cannot be reopened because they are supposedly done with a higher Version than 14.0.

Can anybody help fixing that problem?

I'm pretty shure that the SP 2 is for 3ds Max 2012, not design

SP 1 would work but I deinstalled it since the SP 2 is including SP 1

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
RobH2
in reply to: sbomhardt

What OS are you using? What's the highest version of Max you have a license for and are trying to open the files in?

Rob Holmes

EESignature

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 7
RobH2

See if this helps:

https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-1324-The-fol...

Rob Holmes

EESignature

3ds Max (2023-2025), V-Ray 6.2, Ryzen 9 3950-X Processor, DDR 4 128MB, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Master motherboard, Sabrent Rocket NVMe 4.0 M.2 drives, NVidia RTX 4090, Space Pilot Pro, Windows 11 Pro x64, Tri-Monitor, Cintiq 13HD, Windows 11 x64
Message 4 of 7
sbomhardt
in reply to: RobH2

My System is Windows 10 64 bit and 3ds Max is original Version 14.0
Stand alone licence
Message 5 of 7
sbomhardt

I'm not too skilled  in Registry. Here is what I found:

1. Shell Folders

sbomhardt_0-1718569470215.png

2. User Shell Folders

sbomhardt_1-1718569487984.png

What do I have to do next?

Message 6 of 7
RobH2

I hesitate to give you specific advice on modifying your OS. Should something go wrong and you were unable to work I would not want to have that responisbility. 

What you might need to do is do a bunch of Googling and read about:

1. how to modify the registry. 

2. how to backup the registry.

3. how to create shell folders. 

4. how to create an 'Image' of your 'C-Drive' before you start so that if something goes wrong, you can easily recover. Macrium Reflect is a good choice for that. 

If you don't feel like you have the time or the skill to learn about some of these more techinical Windows modifications, I'd strongly suggest you take your computer to a professional shop that can do it for you safely. 

If you have tinkered just a little with Windows under the hood, the steps in the article I linked are not that difficult and don't take any coding or serious technical knowledge. They are just steps, that if followed, are pretty straight forward. I think you can probably handle it, but you'll need to research and watch a few videos on the four items I list above. 

Rob Holmes

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
sbomhardt

Thank you for your response. I'll try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report