Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds max won't open

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
795 Views, 4 Replies

3ds max won't open

So, I downloaded and installed 3ds max 2017 without any problem. But when I start it it loads the splash screen and then nothing happens. My graphic drivers are up to date. I found that it is a commom problem and there are many probable solutions but none worked. Using dependencywalker I found that these .dlls were missing.

ziparchive.dll

nsarchive10.dll

mgmdfmodel-2_0.dll

mgmdfparser-2_0.dll

I guess these are local 3ds max dlls and not system dlls and should be located in the 3ds max folder.

If anyone has been able to launch 3ds max without any error, I would appreciate if you can give me these dlls.

I cant redownload the 3ds max setup again because I'm out of bandwidth and won't be able to do so till next month. I'd be glad if the solution doesn't require a huge download greater than 500mb. 

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello  @Anonymous,

I see this thread is a bit old but I wanted to reply to it.  I have an attachment here of those dlls, but it should be noted that 2017 default installation doesn't include the parser dlls.  (So, they are technically not the reason it won't start for yo.)

They did however exist in my 2014 installation.  I have included them in a folder called 2014 within the archive.

Please keep me posted.  Thank you!

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Did this problem resolve itself?  I just wanted to follow up here, is there anything I can do to help you?

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

I waited for a long time trying to get 3ds max to work but finally gave and switched to maya (Student version).

Message 5 of 5
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Maya is a great product, I hope it's treating you well.  If you need anything else, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report