Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3Ds Max viewport lagging

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
elPanki
34079 Views, 27 Replies

3Ds Max viewport lagging

I got a problem with 3ds max 2017 i get a viewport lag during orbit also interface become laggy. Its happen few moments when I start first all works normallly but after a while viewport become laggy. Only restart can help but its only for a moment

Lag

No Lag

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: elPanki

I cannot downgrade to window 7 because I'm using ryzen

Message 22 of 28
demetrio.ruivo
in reply to: Anonymous

What are we supposed to do if we're using a newer CPU that is not supported under windows 7? Like the previous ryzen example (in my case a threadripper)?
Kindly let us know,

thanks

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous

Hello, I had the same problem, I have a monitor G-Sync and a Nvidia Geforce 1080ti.

I had solved by changing the settings in my nvidia control panel, and had solved the lag or fps loss in the four viewports:

In global settings I have disabled "vertical sync: disabled" and "g-sync:enabled"

I do not know if for other people this solution works.

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous

This issue has plagued me for over a year and i finally resolved to figure it out today.

This happened notably in full screen mode (alt+w). Performance was fine with 4x windows but f*ck working like that.

SOLUTION: Scale down the anti aliasing all the way to none in viewport settings. Night and day difference in performance. What a bag of balls working in max has been the past year.

Maybe next time i'll figure out why it refuses to hold onto my hotkey settings for longer than a week...

Message 25 of 28
hdcboy

g-sync:enabled, Does it help a lot?

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous

For future travelers, what fixed this for me was setting the mouse polling rate (not DPI) to 125Hz.  The only common thread I can work out that causes this issue is Win10 + a gaming mouse where default polling is 500Hz or higher.  I think what's happening is if the mouse is using a higher polling rate it's spamming 3DS Max with too many messages causing lag/stuttering.

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous

Can confirm, mouse was making viewport lag i was on 1000hz polling rate switched to 125 with my gaming mouse and its smooth as butter.

smooth 125hzsmooth 125hzlaggy 1000hzlaggy 1000hz

Message 28 of 28
sonofflappo

Holy Moses Batman!!! This worked like a charm. Been banging my head on my desk for weeks trying to figure this out. You're a godsend!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report