Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DS Max 2012 - send to Mudbox not working

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
700 Views, 2 Replies

3DS Max 2012 - send to Mudbox not working

Hi there!

I´ve searched for quite a while but I wasn´t able to find a solution for my problem, so if there already is a topic for this problem I apologise, I haven´t found an answer that would solve my problem.

I own the Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Standard 2012 and I´ve installed all of its components for some time. No I wanted to try out the workflow between Max and Mudbox but I have a Problem here:

The "Send to Mudbox" Option doesn´t work. If it is not running, Mudbox opens, but the scene is empty. Even if I have Mudbox open with a empty scene nothing is sent.

The Status Line in Max shows "Connecting to Mudbox" but nothing happens (new scene, add to scene, update scene - nothing works).

The other way around it is the same, after I click Update in the lower right corner it shows "connected to 3Ds Max" but the model doesn´t arrive in Max.

I´ve installed both Max and Mudbox on C, the latest Updates for both Tools, I own a valid License for both of them and I´ve tried to run Max and Mudbox as Admin, but nothing helps.

If someone could help me with this problem I would be very gratefull, as for now I am able to bring the models across once I´ve exported them but the connection feature looks very nice and convinient.

Thank you very much in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
loginarek
in reply to: Anonymous

Exprt your model to obj in 3ds max, and import it in mudbox

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: loginarek

Hi Loginarek - thank you for your Reply, that is what I am doing at the Moment (it works great), but I was wondering how I could get that particular feature to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report