Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

3dMAX 2015 Vray Sun and Render

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
3034 Views, 16 Replies

3dMAX 2015 Vray Sun and Render

Hi 3d max community,

I am Using Vray for the first time, i had alot of problems and issues that I can't understand and I was trying to solve it but I couldn't. The model is 50x70m and whenever i put materials and render it gave me this colors. Even though if i put materials.

2brown.png

Iam using vray sun but its too much bright and there is this brown color that i don't know from where it comes.
here is the settings.

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png

It was in REVIT and once i import, it gave me the same issues, then i RE-Built it in 3dmax trying to solving it , but it doesn't. Can anyone explain to me what is happening!

Your post subject line has been edited by @hagen.deloss: 3dMAX Vray Sun and Render

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
surrealismo
in reply to: Anonymous

how is your gamma settings?

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: surrealismo

Screenshot_1.png

Finally someone answer, I was waiting a long time, really thanks. 

Here is my Gamma setting 

I still have the problem

Message 4 of 17
surrealismo

ok. could you upload the file so I can check it for you?

the brown color is the ground albedo from vraysky. you can offset it, check sun settings.

Message 5 of 17
ammarshow

did u use camera ? or u did u render from the viewport  ? 

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous

Here is the file Link 

https://files.fm/u/4shqwpgz#_

I tried offset but it doesn't work 

I have 3dmax version 2015 in case if u solve it, I'm very thankful for you.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: ammarshow

Yes I'm using camera

Message 8 of 17
surrealismo

IĀ“ve checked your scene and found the problem.

On the VrayFramebuffer, you need to activate ĀØdisplay colors in srgb spaceĀØ.  itĀ“s in the bottom menu.

and check again the Horizon offet.  I put 10 and the brown color disappeared.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous

Thank you its really much better,  but i still have a question. 

shot1.png

Why is the materials are very light, it doesn't show as its in the diffuse map. For example here am using Dark brown wood but it shows very light. Even the shadow are very dark.

Message 10 of 17
surrealismo

hmmm it seems you have a problem with linear workflow and textures on gamma 1.0, 2.2 or viceversa.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

How can i solve it ?

Message 12 of 17
surrealismo

difficult to solve without look the scene.

can you zip the scene to take a look and help you out?

Message 13 of 17
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

Looks like you are getting some great help here from @surrealismo and @ammarshow, I wanted to add that this article may have some helpful information on the Vray workflow. It looks like the scenes' light (the sun) is washing out your materials. You could try lowering the gamma from 2.2 to something like 2.0 and see what that changes, or finding the intensity of your sun, and lowering it just a little.

I hope this helps! 

I also wanted to remind you, if someone posts a solution that helps resolve your issue, you can click the Accept as Solution button, that way the rest of the community can benefit from the knowledge found within this thread! 

Talk to you soon!

Hagen Deloss
Community Manager | Media & Entertainment
Installation & Licensing forums | Contact product support | Autodesk AREA

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous

HERE IS THIS SKIN 

https://files.fm/u/67e2h9hm

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: hagen.deloss

Hi 

Message 16 of 17
hagen.deloss

Hi @Anonymous

I got your private message, and figured I would post back into this thread, since your still dealing with the same issue! 

I don't have Vray on my machine (only mental ray currently), but I still think its the exposure settings. Have you changed the ISO properties on your camera? Here is an article on how to edit scenes lighting with the ISO camera controls. If you would post the screenshot you sent me, then we can compare the original render with the resulting render after you edit the ISO settings!

It looks like this post on the forums had a similar issue, and it looks like the narrowed down the cause to the camera as well, lets see what kind of exposure controls the camera offers, and if there is a Vray specifica camera that you can create.

I will unmark the previously marked solution as well until we figure this out šŸ˜„

Hagen Deloss

Message 17 of 17
hagen.deloss

@Anonymous

I wanted to check back and see if a post helped you with your problem. It would be super helpful if you could add a post with how you decide to proceed, and your results. That way other Community members can benefit from your process šŸ˜„

Please select the Accept as Solution button if a post solves your issue or answers your question.

Hagen Deloss

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report