Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 VR Oculus Rift plugin for 3dsmax ?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
3322 Views, 7 Replies

360 VR Oculus Rift plugin for 3dsmax ?

Hello, 

we're doing a 3d scene and rendering with V-ray, but we need to know if there any plugin for oculus rift realtime camera viewing inside 3dsmax?

or will it be available in the upcoming versions of Max? 

v-ray has already released a beta version of vray 3.50 with oculus mode support in Realtime.

any suggestion ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

Sounds like you are doing some cool things over there!  

For realtime VR support, Stingray is the current application that has the most features from Autodesk.  You may find 3rd party plugins for VR in Maya and Max but it's not currently supported natively.   

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 8
jibijib
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Has anyone tried Stingray? Is it easy to set up - would be good to just have a viewport dedicated to VR, without having to switch.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Okay Alfred thanks, but the issue is that i am using v-ray renderer with v-ray materials... so how can i achieve this? any idea ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

Not possible, as far as I know.  Vlado has a thread about this on the Chaosgroup forums, but Vray isn't a realtime renderer so you'd have to render a pano and load it in.  

Best Regards,

Message 6 of 8
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I went to find the thread on the Chaosgroup forums to link to you, but then I noticed it was your thread!  Small world. Smiley LOL Time will tell on this issue, I'm a huge Vray fan myself so I'm also looking forward to whatever Vlado cooks up here.

Best Regards,

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

@Alfred.DeFlaminis

hahahah yes man!

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Can you really only do Architechure in 3ds Max Interactive?  (also, Is it called that? 3ds Max Interactive?  I'm confused with this Stingray stuff...  I would want to bring Characters in,.  What materials do you use in MAX to show up in 'Interactive'  that has Normal Maps potential??  THANK YOU!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report