Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

360 image not showing proper materials

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
731 Views, 7 Replies

360 image not showing proper materials

Greetings everyone,

I am using 3ds max 2018 with V-ray Next. When I render the animation with default camera it shows the material I originally used but when I change the camera setting to Spherical Panorama then I shows completely weird materials.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

360 spherical Panorama360 spherical Panorama

360 Spherical Panorama360 Spherical PanoramaDefault Camera viewDefault Camera viewSpherical Panorama settingSpherical Panorama setting

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
10DSpace
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous 

When I render the animation with default camera it shows the material I originally used but when I change the camera setting to Spherical Panorama then I shows completely weird materials.

Why are you changing the vray camera rollout settings to spherical panorama?  Did you try rendering with the default Type setting in the vray Camera rollout?  If you are using a spherical map as an environmental map, then as far as i know, you do not need to change  to change the Camera Type in the Vray rollout.  

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: 10DSpace

Hey thanks for your time,

I tried default setting and I have added the picture after default camera render but my project is for VR. The animation is going to play in VR 360 that is why I changed the setting to Spherical Panorama. 

Also, I am not using spherical map as an environment map.

I followed the bellow tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=nptqCFeNO_o&feature=emb_title 

Thanks for you help and time

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hey @10DSpace 

thanks for your time,

• I tried default setting and I have added the picture after default..
Message 5 of 8
PropChad

I've done several 360 renders and animations in VRAY 3.x, and never ran into that issue. What are the map settings for that planet? I could see there being an issue if the map was projected. But an unwrapped or spherical UV map on that object should keep the map in place no matter your camera settings.

If I had Next I'd have you upload it so I could look. But, you are best off posting your question on the Chaos Group forums. Someone there will know what's going on, or at the least can file a bug report so it can be fixed (if it's a bug).

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PropChad

Hey @PropChad 

Thanks for your reply,

I will post the question on Chaos Group form,  following is the map setting:

map sett.PNG

Message 7 of 8
PropChad

I'm going to guess it's because you have the mapping set to screen. Since you are rendering 360 degrees, your screen is much bigger than your regular render.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: PropChad

hey @PropChad ,

thanks for your reply.  Your solution actually worked in a way that I tried different options and then

I changed my map setting from Environ to Texture !! the problem is solved. 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report