Community
3ds Max Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 3ds Max Dialogue Box Text Issues

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
980 Views, 11 Replies

2017 3ds Max Dialogue Box Text Issues

Good Morning I am having an issue with 2017 3DS max and the dialogue boxes.

I am running it with a 4k monitor and I have tried to DPI scale trick it that doesn't seem to fix this issue.

as you can see in the attachments below that the text in the dialogue boxes below overlap each other and its hard to see what I'm changing the settings too. you can see a better example of it in the render settings dialogue box attachment.

Again, I have tried the DPI scaling, and I also changed my screen resolution and neither of them have fixed my issue.

3DS Max Dialogue Box.JPG3DS Max Render Dialogue Box.JPG

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous and welcome to the community,

First, I'd like to apologize that you experienced such a long delay before you got a reply here. I realize this thread is old, but I'd like to help find an answer for you. Are you still having this issue?  If so, can you please answer the following questions for me?

1) Which OS are you using?

2) Is this a monitor or a TV?  (Can you please list the make/model?  Thanks!)

3) What is your current zoom level in Windows?

Thanks for answering those!

Best Regards,

Message 3 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post?

Best Regards,

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello I am having the exact same issue on a 4k screen on a Dell Precision laptop using 3ds 2018 and windows 10. HELP!

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

also on 100% zoom

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

Hey,
The reason for it is autodesk programs still aren’t being made for 4K
resolution.

I found playing with my desktop resolution settings right now have fixed my
problem. I have it dumbed down to 1080p 😞
Message 7 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous and @Anonymous,

Max 2017 and 2018 are built for high DPI monitors but previous version were not.  I have seen a few cases recently with similar issues as this however.  In one of them, the solution was to create a new user profile in Windows.  There is an issue in W10 that if you change the zoom settings in Windows but don't reboot afterwards then it can add multiple entries to the registry which causes problems.  Can you please try making a new user in Windows and test again to see if that helps? Thanks!

Best Regards,

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

When I contacted autodesk themselves they told me the issue that 2017 and
18 weren’t made for 4K but 1080p as a max resolution
Message 9 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

Making the new user account has made the text scaling work, but in order for it to not crop the text (as shown above) the text scaling has to be 150% or lower. While the program is functional, the text scale is now way to small. Is there anyway to use 3ds max on a 4k sceen without comprimising the resolution or making the text super small?

Message 11 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Thank you for the update @Anonymous,

Would it be possible to put a link to the Dell website for your machine?  I need to look up information.  This issue shouldn't affect you like this and having that info to take to QA can help.  Thanks very much.

Best Regards,

Message 12 of 12
Alfred.DeFlaminis

Hello @Anonymous,

I just wanted to follow up here, any thoughts on my previous post? Thanks for the update!

Best Regards,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report