Community
3ds Max Design Visualization Workflows
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max design visualization topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3ds Max 2016 - Revit FBX Linking

61 REPLIES 61
SOLVED
Message 1 of 62
Anonymous
11065 Views, 61 Replies

3ds Max 2016 - Revit FBX Linking

I have the new 3ds Max 2016. I seem to be having serious problems whenever I try to link in a Revit FBX file. For the past several versions now I export my FBX out of Revit and then in Max I set system units so 1 unit = 1 foot and I set up display units as feet as well. But it seems that when I do this in 2016, my building comes in HUGE!! What I mean by huge is my building should be 150' x 100'...instead it comes into Max as 4,568' x 3,048'. What?!?!?! Has anyone experienced this problem? I have also tried other system units and it still will NOT come in right. The only way that I have managed to bring it in at the correct size is by straight importing it. I do not want it imported as the Architect keeps changing things, so I want it as a link. Any ideas? Or am I stuck until Autodesk pumps out a fix? Or is it just me? Thanks in advance...

61 REPLIES 61
Message 61 of 62
paoyang8731
in reply to: SteveDFThorne

You mentioned everything import correctly. Do you mean Fbx from revit links correctly? into max 2017?

@SteveDFThorne wrote:

I opened a support case with autodesk. They said it was supposed to be fixed in 2016 with the service packs (not so) and that the problem should not exist at all in 2017. I installed 2017, updated to the service pack and it seemed fixed to me.

Maybe I was having a different problem than yourself but it all seems good now. Time will tell I guess.  

I didn't get into textures but the geometry now imports to the correct scale. I tried systems units of feet, Inches, & Meters and they all worked. 

Message 62 of 62
Anonymous
in reply to: paoyang8731

Hi all,
I’ve designed a script to take the pain out of importing revit FBX files, organise objects in layers, by their category, and detach objects by material, keeping as edit mesh. One click to sort it all out! Here’s the link; http://vizguy.com/revit-to-3ds-max/

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report