Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

combine multiple animation on one mixamo rigg.

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
12708 Views, 10 Replies

combine multiple animation on one mixamo rigg.

Hi,

Can anyone help me with this issue. I want to combine more animation like jump, walk , run... all this in one mixamo rigg. Is this possible? 

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ads_royje
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi there,

You may want to look at Motion Mixer tool (Max main menu > Graph Editor > Motion Mixer).

Motion Mixer is a animation tool that can do that.

For each of your Animation files, you can export from Max as a .xaf file (Max main menu > Animation > Save Animation)

This will create a .xaf file.

Using a scene that has your Mixamo rig, open Motion Mixer, add your rig as a Max object and then you can load the .xaf files as animation clips.

More information on using Motion Mixer here :

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMa...

And Max documentation here :

http://help.autodesk.com/view/3DSMAX/2016/ENU/?guid=GUID-A4F4A6A6-27A9-482C-9A95-853B1ADC68C4

Hope that can help! 🙂

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ads_royje

hello,

For some reason i cant combine multipe animations on my rigg. I need this for a prezentation if you are more experienced can you help me please? i will send my little project if you want:D it's a panda bear, and i want to make 5 different moves, in one single rigg.  thank's

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

about motion mixer i cant find it only if i create a biped Cat Sad

Message 5 of 11
ads_royje

Hi!

I cannot do the work for you (nothing's learned that way), but I can show you how to use it.

Attached you'll find a video showing step-by-step how to use the motion mixer using a custom rig (a non-biped rig) from an fbx file.

Steps are :

. save animations as .xaf files

. open the rig in the scene

. from Max main menu > Graph Editors > Motion Mixer

. add rig to motion mixer as Max objects

. add .xaf animation files as clips

In the attached video, you'll have a step-by-step how to get to use them in Motion mixer.

Hope that can help you get there! 🙂

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

Thank you so much for the mini tutorial. now i understand how to use motion mixer. one small problem, the tab to create the map dosen't appear when i load the xaf file. I've made all the steps like you said. I will try again to see if i do something wrong. Thank you again for everything 

Message 7 of 11
ads_royje

Happy that it can help! 🙂

I forgot to mention, but you may have noticed that already, when 'saving animation' to .xaf files, you need to have selected the rig. The Save Animation to .xaf file saves selected objects animations.

The mapping table can look complex, it is, as it can allow quite advanced mappings.

General rule, mapping transform to transform is good for most cases. In some advanced usage of the Mixer, one could map rotation y to position x etc ... or have various source clips for rotation and position...

Once you get the hang of it, motion mixer can do lots of cool stuff!

Have fun! 🙂

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous

Hi again, 🙂

I have one more question, i have 5 different riggs with different animation, downloaded from mixamo. to combine all i need to save in xaf file and make mapping for all? and then i will import my idle rigg or t-pose...and start combine all my animation? is that correct?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

I managed to do what I wanted, Thank you so much for everything!!!! 

Have a great day,

Message 10 of 11
ads_royje

Great news! 🙂

Thank you for the update!

Have a great day too!

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

One little problem! when i want to same my mix file i can't.   i can't make click to save mix file. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report