Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil View Vehicle Scaling

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Gerald.Lockard
794 Views, 7 Replies

Civil View Vehicle Scaling

I'm using 3ds and civil view for the first time, and it's a great tool to bring the designers' genio file to life.

However, one problem I am having is when I bring in vehicles and attach them to a string as shown in the tutorials

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/getting-started/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/ENU/3DS...

the scale is way off- The cars are maybe 20x what they need to be.

The design info is 1-1metre. 

Is there a way I can scale the size of the cars from civil view to suit? I can't see this option anywhere. If not is there a way I can scale the cars then bring them into the civil view library?

Really hope someone can help me with this one!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Same issue with signage

Message 3 of 8

If you want to scale in 3ds max the cars need to be grouped and then scaled. Then you can ungroup after your done scaling.
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for your reply Tony,

Can the cars be scaled and grouped, then imported into civil view?

Civil view is the toolkit I'm using that allows me to add multiple cars at random intervals along the path string to animate the scene.

Thanks

Message 5 of 8

Are you using vizsim cars? If not you can use the cars in civil view dialog. You can as make costume cars as part of the civil view manager. If you are using vizsim cars and importing those in through civil view you will need to group and scale them after they are imported. I would only do the scaling in max not cad.
Message 6 of 8

Have you tried to use the civil view car replacement tool. To replace your cad cars with the civil view cars?
Message 7 of 8

Thanks Tony,

My background is design and construct, and this is my first attempt at using civil view to visualise the project.

I was just using the civil view cars in the library. Are you saying I can go into the civil view manager, and then select the civil view cars- edit their scale- then bring them into the scene?

Message 8 of 8

I just sent you a private message with my contact info. Get ahold of me tomorrow and we can go through it. As we do we can make a screen cast and post it. I use civil 3d, 3d studio max and civil view almost every day.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report