Community
3ds Max Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s 3ds Max Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular 3ds Max animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any CAT animators that have solved the issue that link constraints ruin the loading of animation?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
oyvind3BPMJ
153 Views, 0 Replies

Any CAT animators that have solved the issue that link constraints ruin the loading of animation?

Title may be confusing.

Here's an example instead:

1. you make two CAT layers.
  2. You link constrain some controls on one layer, lets call it "Constrained_layer".
  3. Now make a pose in either layer, and try to load it to the other layer.

The issue is that the pose will not load correctly - after all, the link constrain on one layer changes the "parent space" the controllers live in, so keys would not cause the same result on one layer as they would the other.

I understand that when you save animation, you can also save constraints. But when you paste animation, you bring with the constraints - and that's not what I want. I need to get the SAME pose, WITHOUT changing how the rig/layer has been set up.

So what I've done in these situations, is to literally snapshot every CAT bone in the pose I want, then go to the other layer (with or without constraints) and painfully align every single CAT bone to the snapshot, untill I've completely copied the pose.

Obviously this is not work a human in 2022 should have to do, it is work for machines. Does anyone have a solution or work-around to the issue? It would be extremely useful for me

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report