Did you mean: 

ssget and R2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
619 Views, 4 Replies

ssget and R2012

Anyone else having trouble with ssget in ACAD2012?

One of my programs quit working when we upgraded.

I am selecting using: (setq entset (ssget "C" p1 p2)) on an intersection of 3 lines.

All are on Z = 0 elevation and are connected end to end.

P1 and p2 are tne endpoints of one of the lines and given a fuzz factor of 0.003" to get p1 and p2.

I drew a rectangle on the picture to see exacty what the crossing looks like.

The selection set alway comes up with a length of 2.

It ignores the white line on layer 0.

I am not using any filters.

The red lines are on layer "Outside"

Is this a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Well, this seems to still work, IF you are very tightly zoomed to that area.

Glad we upgraded, now I can spend time figuring all this out. 😞

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

In case anyone is interested I ended up going away from the ssget because I couldn't get my folding program working good enough using it anymore after the upgrade.

Ended up rewriting the entire section of the program that selects the bend line and the continuous lines that comprise the out side. While can't post the code, I can say that I used code samples from John Uhden. For the bend line selection I used ssgetends ( http://www.cadlantic.com/freebies/ssgetends.lsp ) and for the outside, "InLine.lsp" which can be found using a quick search of this forum.

I originally didn't have time to use these functions as I already had a workable program using ssget with the "C" option

but now that I've been forced to re write, I used Johns samples and found that my program works a way better and has fewer failures that it had previously.

So thanks again John!  ;^)

BillZ

Message 4 of 5
scot-65

I too had some trouble using "C" (or "W", etc.) of SSGET.

By temporarily turning off PICKBOX, this solved my problem.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: scot-65

That seems to help for some of the problems I was having but once I made the first fold in the part,

I was dealing with arcs that were no longer in the WCS and for some reason, ssget would just ignore them.

Add to that if your view angle put other entities in the sight plane, ssget would consider them and put me in a continuous loop.

Now that I switched to Johns code, I can see I should have done this long time ago. :^)

Thanks for the suggestion. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report