Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save down embedded (imported) image files from Revit to your server

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Joe_Ferreri-MRB
269 Views, 3 Replies

Save down embedded (imported) image files from Revit to your server

We inherited a project from another Architect that had embedded (imported, not linked) image files illustrating finish and fixture selections on the sheet. The file size is absolutely insane and we think that to reduce file size we can save the images on to our server and link them there rather than import them into the Revit file. Is is possible to save down the images from the Revit file and into our server? We are trying to avoid searching Google, hoping to save some time. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no viable solution for this problem.

I think you can write this topic as an idea, I hope Autodesk will make an improvement for this topic as soon as possible.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Best regards,

Gokcen Ezgi Sen

MSc. Architect - BIM Consultant

LinkedIn 

Message 3 of 4

In fact, I do not know any current solution too, and tried to write a dynamo code but the image objects could not know themselves as image. Therefore, I agree with @gokcen.ezgi.sen  . Maybe the problem can write as an idea.

Let me know if you have more questions on this topic, otherwise please accept as a solution so that others can benefit from this information.

Best regards,

Fulden Yılmaz

MSc. Architect - BIM Consultant

LinkedIn

Message 4 of 4

Thank you both for the responses. I will add this as an idea under the corresponding forum.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report