Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAL-color library

39 REPLIES 39
SOLVED
Message 1 of 40
TobiasZetterberg2067
42207 Views, 39 Replies

RAL-color library

Hello!
I work a lot with industrial equipment and components which are often delivered painted in RAL-colors (4 digits).
Therefore I created a complete RAL-color library with a painted look (gloss and reflectivity).
I believe in sharing useful things to others so here is the RAL-color library.

I had to split the file into a mutlivolume zip due to the file size-limitations for this forum (<5 Mb).

The first part is in this post and the second is in the post below.
You can see how to attach it in:
http://help.autodesk.com/view/INVNTOR/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-98E276B9-ACFC-40CF-8FFB-D9D081D4C207
Below is a overview of the library.
I hope someone find this useful!
/Tobias, Toze AB

RAL-colors.png

Tags (3)
39 REPLIES 39
Message 2 of 40

And here is the second part of the multivolume zip-file...

Message 3 of 40

Great Job Tobias - Major Kudos 😄

Autodesk Industry Marketing Manager UK D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 4 of 40

Tobias... you are an absolute legend!

Scott Moyse
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Design & Manufacturing Technical Services Manager at Cadpro New Zealand

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 5 of 40

Looks great! Thank you!

I got an error message when opening the 2nd ZIP file _001 with WinZIP.

It says "Connot open file: it does not appear to be a valid archive".

Do more people receive this message (corrupt file?), or can you please create and upload the ZIP file again.

Thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 40
scottmoyse
in reply to: P.Huppertz

Yes I'm also seeing the error when I try to do anything with the first file. I've tried to open it with 7Zip as well, but no joy.

Scott Moyse
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Co-founder of the Grumpy Sloth full aluminium billet mechanical keyboard project

Message 7 of 40

Hello!

You should not need to be opening the second file, just download the two zip-files and put them in the same folder. 

Then you open the first file (RAL-colors.zip) to see the library (the second file, RAL_colors_001.zip, is automatically opened in the background).

I used Zip-genius 6 to create the archive but you should be able to use any zip-program to unpack it.

/BR T

Message 8 of 40

I've shared this with our readers Tobias, thanks again. http://designandmotion.net/autodesk/mfg-pages/inventor/autodesk-inventor-ral-colour-libraries/

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 9 of 40

@TobiasZetterberg2067 wrote:

Hello!

You should not need to be opening the second file, just download the two zip-files and put them in the same folder. 

Then you open the first file (RAL-colors.zip) to see the library (the second file, RAL_colors_001.zip, is automatically opened in the background).

I used Zip-genius 6 to create the archive but you should be able to use any zip-program to unpack it.

/BR T

Yup. It still doesn't work. Windows reports a compression error. You could put the original adsklib file into your Autodesk 360 Hub, then share a link from there?

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 10 of 40

Hi Tobias,

Great work by the way, but I couldn't seem to open the .zip files you shared.

Perhaps you can stick them on Google Drive or Dropbox instead?

Thanks,

Alex.

Message 11 of 40

As said by Scott,

when extracting the first part, an error message in appears that there is something wrong with the 2nd part of the file.

So both files could not be merged.

Seems like lot of people appreciate your job 🙂

Message 12 of 40

Hi!

Here is a try with autodesk 360:
http://a360.co/1z6WRxm

Let me know if there is any problems.

/BR T

Message 13 of 40

Good work - thanks

by the way. I was unable to unzip with Winzip and 7 zip. Dowmloaded Zipgenius and then it worked.

Finnur P.
AutoCAD
PD&M Collection
Message 14 of 40

Having the same problem, none of the zip files are opening correctly.  Maybe a dropbox link is the better solution for sharing this?

Message 15 of 40

@JorisSteurs1246 wrote:

Having the same problem, none of the zip files are opening correctly.  Maybe a dropbox link is the better solution for sharing this?

Ok I've hosted the zip file on the D&M server, the link is towards the end of the post.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 16 of 40

@TobiasZetterberg2067 wrote:

Hi!

Here is a try with autodesk 360:
http://a360.co/1z6WRxm

Let me know if there is any problems.

/BR T

Yes that works perfectly. Sorry I didn't see this before adding it to the D&M post.

Scott Moyse

EESignature

Message 17 of 40
JimmyDoe
in reply to: scottmoyse

Ok guys,

I have downloaded the files, unpacked them, added them to my materials library folder on C:\. Checked out my project (Vault) added the ral-colors adsklib file to it, after adding the files to my materials library in vault. When I open the library in a part to change the colour to a RAL colour, I get a message that there are 'No materials in this library'.

Now I'm fairly new to Inventor and Vault (3 months, previously Creo and Windchill/intralink for 8 years) but I followed all the steps that I have found for adding a library to Inventor but have had no luck. I have tried this about a dozen times with still no luck. Everything seems correct except for the fact that it says there are no files in the library.

Any help or advice?...please

Message 18 of 40
JimmyDoe
in reply to: JimmyDoe

Problem solved!

I had the file in my materials library instead of my appearances library. So I moved it over and now have all sorts of wonderful colours to choose from!!!

Kudos to you, Tobias!

Message 19 of 40

Autodesk 360 sharing seems to be time-limited so here is a link to the unzipped library-file (.adsklib) at my google drive instead.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9_OlPHjbi6wUkIzaml2dUp6THc

Let me know if it doesnt work.

/Best regards Tobias

Message 20 of 40

Nice one thanks @TobiasZetterberg2067

Very good of you to go to the effort and then be selfless enough to save others from having to do the same

www.thompsonarchitecture.co.uk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report