Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Inventor and OneDrive

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
sn3K3QG
782 Views, 2 Replies

Issue with Inventor and OneDrive

Hello.

I have a problem with Autodesk Inventor Professional. My project files are in OneDrive, and when work with them, a file called lockfile.lck is created in the project directory. OneDrive then gets an error saying "This file is in use. This item is open in another program. Close this item to continue syncing it." When I try to save the project in Inventor, I get an error saying "The database in <PathToProjectName>.iam could not be saved." Is there a way to fix this, or change the location of where lockfiles are created?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JDMather
in reply to: sn3K3QG

@sn3K3QG wrote:

My project files are in OneDrive....

Can you Attach an example of one of your Project (*.ipj) files here?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 3
johnsonshiue
in reply to: sn3K3QG

Hi! I am not 100% sure if this is the same issue as a prior discussed thread. Please take a look at the following page (reply#3). There is a way to set up a logical drive based on OneDrive. It may work better with Inventor.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-forum/workgroup-search-paths-and-onedrive/td-p/9880944

Many thanks!

Johnson Shiue (johnson.shiue@autodesk.com)
Software Test Engineer

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report