Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2017 Won't Launch

44 REPLIES 44
SOLVED
Message 1 of 45
Anonymous
25615 Views, 44 Replies

Inventor 2017 Won't Launch

I need help, Autodesk Inventor 2017 will not launch on my pc.

I would double click the shortcut on my desktop, or directly double click inventor.exe, but the software wouldn't go beyond the first pop-up.

The loading bar of the pop-up won't move no matter how many hours I keep the pc on.

Autodesk Vault and the Desktop App that came with Inventor works fine, but Inventor just won't launch.

I restarted my pc several times, and also repair installed inventor. I am yet to uninstall and reinstall the whole thing because that took a while, but if I have nothing else left I will do so.

It might have to do something with Windows 10? Or the new RAM I installed to this laptop? I'm not sure and I'm just throwing out ideas, if you have any suggestions please help me.

Did anyone have the same problem? If so, please help me solve this. Thank you.

44 REPLIES 44
Message 2 of 45
Mark.Lancaster
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous

A few things..

First bring up task manager and make sure you don't have multiple Inventor.exe running.

Do you have an Inventor file sitting on your hard drive?  Double click on that and does Inventor launch ok?  If so go into Tools/Application Options/General tab and turn off Show My Home Screen on startup..  Exit Inventor and try it again.

If none of the stuff above works, check to make sure you have the latest video driver for your card and operating system

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 3 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Thank you very much for the suggestions.
I checked the task manager and there was only one Inventor.exe running.
I also tried opening an inventor file instead of using Inventor.exe, but the same thing happens and it cannot go beyond loading to start the software.
The video driver seems to be the latest version too.
Unfortunately, these weren't the cases, but I will continue to look for a solution.

Message 4 of 45
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

RIght mouse click on the Inventor icon and select Run as Administrator.  Will it launch then?

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 5 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

No, it doesn't seem to make a difference... it's just frozen at this state and won't move any further.WIN_20160708_20_05_11_Pro.jpg

Message 6 of 45
blair

Try this:

Re-Register Inventor

1. open a command prompt as administrator
  2. type :

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Inventor 2016\Bin\Inventor.exe" /install

1. Wait for about 30 seconds & then retry Inventor

Inventor 2020, In-Cad, Simulation Mechanical

Just insert the picture rather than attaching it as a file
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.
Delta Tau Chi ΔΤΧ

Message 7 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: blair

Thank you for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, this too resulted with the previously uploaded screen.
Message 8 of 45
Anonymous

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software, but then found that there were 3 inventor.exe that was active in the task manager. (I can swear that it was not there earlier) But I couldn't end these tasks, with the pop up written "Access denied".

Message 9 of 45
Anonymous

Once I restarted the pc, the 3 inventor.exe's didn't appear anymore.

Message 10 of 45
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software....

Did you ever have Inventor running on this machine.

Download these 3 files (or show screen capture to verify that you have already downloaded) and do not proceed until next step is given.

Autodesk Virtual Agent.

Inventor 2017.png

You can use the Windows Snipping tool to do the screen capture - no camera needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 11 of 45
Anonymous
in reply to: JDMather

It took a while because the loading speed kept dropping to 0B/s, but I finished downloading them.

Also, thank you  for reminding me about the snipping tool

Capture.PNG

Message 12 of 45
JDMather

Now that you have these files - you will not need to download again.  (You might make a back-up on a removable drive.)

Before I have you begin the (re)install - I want you to remove all traces of previous attempt(s).

Try using the Start>All Apps>Autodesk>Uninstall tool or from the Control Panel if that doesn't work.

Some where there is an Autodesk Clean Uninstall document that you might have to follow.

Finish by running a Registry cleaner - I think Win 10 has something named Fixit or similar.

Once all traces are removed of previous attempts there are two critical steps before extracting the compressed install files that you downloaded.

Let me know when you are ready.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 13 of 45
Anonymous

I finished uninstalling all traces so far that I checked.
Message 14 of 45
JDMather

Set UAC to lowest level. (you can go to lower left corner of screen and ask Cortana how to do this if you don't know how (just type UAC))

Reboot the computer.

Temporarily disable your anti-virus software.

(I like to create a Windows Restore Point at this step in case I need to get back to this point without undo hassle.)

Double click on 001_003 and follow the onscreen instructions.

The three files will automatically self-extract when you double click on 001_003 (you do not need to do anything with 002_003 or 003_003)

I recommend you install in 30-day trial mode while all issues are resolved.

Once you have run normally for at least a couple of weeks - then Activate the license.

I like to create a second Windows Restore Point once I know all is working correctly in case at some time in the future something goes wrong.  Easy to return to point when all was well.

Message 15 of 45
Anonymous

Inventor launched without a problem! Thank you very much!
Message 16 of 45
Anonymous

I seem to have the same issue, I have installed inventor 2017 on my windows 8 laptop but it will not open up.

I am having issues following your instruction because I am not used to windows 8

Any chance of some help with this issue

Message 17 of 45
JDMather

@Anonymous

Let's start by you posting the image of your download of the 3 files from the Autodesk Virtual Agent.

(see posts # 10 & 11 in this thread)

Message 18 of 45
Anonymous

I was having the same problem as the original poster. Followed @JDMather instructions and Inventor opened first time. Thank you very much!!

Message 19 of 45
Anonymous

Hi I have jumped into the same problem of launching Inventor 2017. The difference is that I have installed the application through a deployment package and able to launch it by administrator. Any normal user on the same machine cannot launch the application (Freezes at splash screen). We have a 2017 Product Design Suite Premium. Can anyone help me on the same.?

Message 20 of 45
Anonymous

Cannot lower UA Due to Network requirements. Side by Side install w/ 2015Also installed through Image

Admin okay, regular user cannot launch

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

Autodesk Design & Make Report