Community
Inventor Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ballooning by assembly level

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
423 Views, 2 Replies

Ballooning by assembly level

Is it possible to have all the parts from all subassemblies in a single parts list?

I'm working with factory utilities and having different floors means having multiple sub assemblies, but when it comes to balloon referencing, only the conveyors on the ground floor are being included in the parts list, if I try tagging a conveyor on the first or second floor, it labels it as layout 1 or layout 2 (depending on what the sub assembly is titled).

It would be useful to be able to create the parts list and balloon references without manually overriding each balloon that isn't on the ground level.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
MechMachineMan
in reply to: Anonymous

Yes.

Either make your layout sub-assemblies phantom, so everything shows up in the parts list OR

- Ensure the All Levels structured BOM is enable through the assembly

- Place an all levels structured BOM in the drawing

- In ht edit PartsList window, expand whichever rows that have sub-parts that you want to show,.

--------------------------------------
Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the 'Accept as Solution' or 'Like' button below.

Justin K
Inventor 2018.2.3, Build 227 | Excel 2013+ VBA
ERP/CAD Communication | Custom Scripting
Machine Design | Process Optimization

iLogic/Inventor API: Autodesk Online Help | API Shortcut In Google Chrome | iLogic API Documentation
Vb.Net/VBA Programming: MSDN | Stackoverflow | Excel Object Model
Inventor API/VBA/Vb.Net Learning Resources: Forum Thread

Sample Solutions:Debugging in iLogic ( and Batch PDF Export Sample ) | API HasSaveCopyAs Issues |
BOM Export & Column Reorder | Reorient Skewed Part | Add Internal Profile Dogbones |
Run iLogic From VBA | Batch File Renaming| Continuous Pick/Rename Objects

Local Help: %PUBLIC%\Documents\Autodesk\Inventor 2018\Local Help

Ideas: Dockable/Customizable Property Browser | Section Line API/Thread Feature in Assembly/PartsList API Static Cells | Fourth BOM Type
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: MechMachineMan

Phantom seems to have worked, I tried to place an a levels structure, but as soon as I selected the document I was working on, it was frozen to first level.

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report