Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying AutoCAD 2011 via Group Policies error (adui18res.dll not found)

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2503 Views, 8 Replies

Deploying AutoCAD 2011 via Group Policies error (adui18res.dll not found)

I am trying to deploy Acadm 2011 vua group policy, here is what i have done,

Created a 64bit deployment on one clean XPpro 64bit machine, then one 32bit deployment on a clean XPpro 32bit machine both using the Autodesk deployment creation on the DVD's

I have then installed all the prereq's that Autodesk state:

.Net 3.5. Directx9.0,VC++2008SP1,Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel API's, FAROls,Autodesk Design Review 2011,Flash player 9,Autodesk Material Library2011 (CM and ILL),IE7,MIP(MSI)4.5,MWMF9.5

After all this a create the deployment using the msi create in the \Adminimage\acadm folder and using the mst file from there and also the GPO mst from the tools folder

And then the same for the language MSI

after all this when i click on the shortcut it create after install it then errors with "adui18res.dll not found", I have been told its possible to manually copy the .dll's using a script but that defeats the object of GPO deployment really, can anyone please help??

Simon
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
DannyHubbard
in reply to: Anonymous

Simon,

Typically this error would indicate that the language pack did not get installed. Check Event Viewer on the client machine to see if there was a problem with the language pack install.
Then check your package's again on the server to double check you have both there, one for the product install and one for the language pack.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Hi Danny,

Thanks for the responce, I have looked and it says the language pack has failed to install,This action is only valid for products that are currently installed,

So I presume its saying that becasue Acadm is not installed correclty that the language pack wont install, but I have now idea why the Acadm wouldn't install right as i've created two different deployements on two different machines and installed all the prereq's as per the white paper manually to make sure i have them all, and ive done this three or four times now too?

Any other ideas? i've attached a copy of the event viewer application logs

Si
Message 4 of 9
DannyHubbard

Simon,

Check out this article from Microsoft, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314852, this while show you how to enable the logging in Windows so that they full Install log will be created on the client. Then you can look at it for more errors and hopefully we can figure out from there why it is failing to install.
After you create this registry key, you will want to delete everything from your TEMP folder then do your gpupdate and reboot. The Install log should then be created in the TEMP folder.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Right, from that i have worked out that when you deploy the language pack via group policy you need to use the transform file that you created for the Acadm MSI and not the one that is created in the language pack folder, strange but works

Now moving on to inventor, i get the error, Inventor.exe-Application failed to initialize, ill run the installed logging for that and see, any ideas on that one?

error code is 0x0000142

(just noticed i get an ApprenticeRegSvr encounted a problem pop up too)

Si Edited by: colemanb@bridon.com on May 24, 2010 2:40 PM
Message 6 of 9
DannyHubbard

Simon,

Glad to hear you got AutoCAD Mechanical to install.
With the Inventor error, is this installing the product or trying to run the product?
The only other case of that error I found was with Design Review, might be worth a look though.
http://dwf.blogs.com/beyond_the_paper/2010/02/autodesk-design-review-2010-fails-to-launch.html

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Its when i try to run the inventor.exe, also it doesn't let me change/remove in add/remove programs either

I don't have adobe installed at all to start with so the design viewer error wouldn't be relevant to this install?

I get this error on two different machines with two seperate deployments as well, neither have adobe one

Si
Message 8 of 9
DannyHubbard

Simon,

There are a couple options you could try, first the Windows Installer Cleanup utility this will clean up the registry to the point you can delete the Inventor folder under program files and try installing again.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

You could also try renaming the file "CascadeInfo.cas" and try starting Inventor again, sometimes this file will get corrupt and cause problems. Depending on your operating system this file may be in different locations for example on Vista or Windows 7 "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AdLM", for XP it will probably be "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Autodesk\AdLM".

Thanks,
Danny

Danny Hubbard
QA Analyst
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
pfurches

I had the same issues with AutoCAD, Architecture, Civil 3D, Inventor, Mechanical and MEP.  Intermitant failures of the language packs for all of these.  When I looked in Windows event viewer, I saw MSI error 1638.  The application is already installed.

I did what colemanb said and changed the MST with my GPO deployment and used the MST with the main application itself.  It worked on all of my installers and none have failed since that point.

Thanks for the info colemanb.  It saved me a ton of work.

A special note to Autodesk: You might want to check your MST files and see if you are usign the wrong Product GUID in your MST files.  I use AdminStudio and that is what it uses to determine if a product is installed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report