Announcements
Visit Fusion 360 Feedback Hub, the great way to connect to our Product, UX, and Research teams. See you there!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom shortcuts / mapkeys

Custom shortcuts / mapkeys

It would be very nice to be able to set your own customized keyboard shortcuts (mapkeys / shortcuts / hotkeys) !

I find personal shortcuts to be extremely powerful, and use them in Inentor a lot.custom_keyb_shtcuts.png

96 Comments
jason.roadman
Participant

Please add to the already great list of keyboard shortcuts a single or combination keystroke that would zoom to fit.

Tags (1)
3TEN30
Contributor

YES!

F for FRAME or something. 

Also create away to zoom on anything, component's or edges. 

GMDesigns74
Contributor

Make keyboard shortcuts approriate to the mode we're in.  i.e. if I hit F for fillet while in a sketch, why does it jump out of the sketch and try to use the modify body fillet command?

Also there should be additional keyboard shortcuts in the model space.  The only create shortcuts are Extrude (E) and Hole (H).  What about Box (B), Cylinder (C), Sphere (S), Thread (T), Donut/Torus (D), Press/Pull (P instead of Q - who came up with that brilliant association?  Which do we use more - Project or Push/Pull???) and I could go on and on.

Or maybe just set up an interface to allow us to set our own contextual keyboard shortcuts for our individual needs - a lot like the Autocad PGP Alias file??? Pressing a key on a keyboard takes a lot less time than moving my mouse to a menu then sliding down to the item I need, and in some cases flying out.  Lots of lost time that could be sped up.  I don't want a shortcut toolbox like you've introduced, I want actual shortcuts, that don't waste my valuable screen real estate.

Tags (6)
Coscor_NPL
Advocate

And 'Look at' and 'Home'

Coscor_NPL
Advocate

I really miss this... it's impossible to map keys to my '3D connecion 3D ball'

Just make everything mappable

jason.roadman
Participant
Full customization. Map any hotkey. I like it!
mplewman
Explorer

I totally agree with the above!

-Customizeable shortcuts..sure!

-A larger range of shortcuts that shift dependant on the mode... a must!

-A broader range of/and more intuitive shortcuts.. a must!

-Mouse button shortcut customization.. an absolute must!

Thanks

Mike

bkgoodman
Enthusiast

I was going to totally post the identical thing. For example...

BIG important ones are in Sketch mode:

Offset

Fillet (Sketch Element)

Line

Break

Trim

Extend

Mirror

But when you're in model mode:

Fillet (Model)

Move

Box

Extrude

Coscor_NPL
Advocate

THIS! it would really do a lot for me and my 3dMouse and 3Dball!

cekuhnen
Mentor

I am a designer and thus use the spline tool a lot

oddly you think only giving me access to the line tool via the keyshortcut is cool

I think it is pretty uncool - eppic uncool actually 😉

so please for the love of the software keyshortcut god give us users customizable key shortcuts!

Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 6.02.04 PM.png

goldenfab
Participant

Its hard to believe this is not availible! It would save me a lot of time right now. Also why the heck to I have to use another hand/press shift to rotate the model when most other CAD systems let you use only mouse buttons.

Peter_Stoneham
Contributor

Yes to ACAD PGP file where you can customise and add shortcuts for any command.

I keep hitting F for fillet in sketch mode and it is annoying so contex sensitive shortcut keys are essential.

Coscor_NPL
Advocate

@goldenfab regarding to the 'mouse rotate only with shift': this you can cange in the settings

2 ways to do this:

normal click your account i top right -> preferances (change the stiing to e.g. solidworks)

normal click question mark top right -> getting started

goldenfab
Participant

Thanks @Coscor_NPL, I should have been more specific though. I did not know about that setting you shared but unfortunatly I can't get Fusion 360 to be able to rotate pan and zoom all with only the mouse.

Coscor_NPL
Advocate

@goldenfab you're welcome, and yes you are right, to PAN you need to use the keyboard also, I myself do not use pan at all... personally I have always 'zoomed out and zoomed in on the target' for me it is both more convinient, easy and much more powerfull when you get used to doing it in this way

Totally agreed

I use center-rectangle, other circles, ellipse, and intersect all the time (just to name a few) and have to fish through the menu every time

nagby
Contributor

most creation softwares have this possibility

i think we could at least be able to add a keyboard key to any of the tools

and also being able to customize the right clic menu would be cool

cekuhnen
Mentor

Are you crazy - you want AD to add the ability to create custom hotkeys? OUTRAGES !!!

This would be a tremendous help because honestly the current hotkey system is so incomplete

that it makes no sense to use it. Line is supported spline is not - face palm!

RobbGodshaw
Contributor

There is a super-amazing feature that is not  very well-advertised.

Command search. It is, in my opinion, way better than hotkeys.

Tap [S] Type the command name partially. When you see it selected, tap [enter]. Done. 

Screenshot 2016-05-30 13.20.58.png

I think it is better than memorization-based hotkeys for several reasons.

• It requres no memorization, simply type a fragment of your desired operation
  • You can learn a new shortcut instantly and remember it forever, instead of making cheat sheets and forgetting all the hotkeys
  • It will not pllute your memory and break your hot-key memory for other programs in your workflow
  • It allows for the discovery of commands you might not know about
  • It allows you to find commands hidden in obscure menus
  • It will grow with F360, and your command will always work

I hope this solves your problem! It certainly was a game-changer for me when it was quietly introduced a few versions ago.

Wow thanks @RobbGodshaw

How is this not advertised more ?!?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report